Eagle Tree Vector will not connect to computer. - RC Groups
May 21, 2017, 01:10 PM
Help!

Eagle Tree Vector will not connect to computer.

I am setting up a vector in my Radian XL. Windows 7 does not recognize the device. I get no USB connection. Do I need special drivers?
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2017, 05:26 PM
because rust never sleeps....
I have never installed anything other than the Application software - so I doubt it.

Are you positive you have a compatible USB cable. There is nothing special about it it is just conventional wiring for power and data, but note that there are quite a few ways that a USB cable could be wired depending on its application.

Try some different cables.
May 22, 2017, 06:51 AM

Thanks for the reply

I will purchase a new US cable and try that. I don't think that is the problem though. When I plug the Vector in I get a confirmation sound from the computer Then a note comes up saying that Windows does not recognize the device. Windows sees it but does not recognize it. That leads me to believe it's a driver prolem. Hey, I've been wrong before. just ask my ex wife.
May 22, 2017, 08:47 AM
Have you installed the Eagletree Vector PC software?

No special drivers are required. The Vector uses the standard built in to windows USB driver.
Make sure you don't have Windows USB power disabled in Power settings.
May 22, 2017, 12:59 PM

Thank you.

Thank you gents. And HugoRogers SPOT ON MATE you called it. I got a new USB cable and all is well.