Visuo XS809W review- now also with XS809HW comparison - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 04, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeByDocKy
My review of the XS809HW version: http://www.drone-maniac.com/test-visuo-xs809hw/
Thanks. I've been waiting for someone to do a teardown on one of these. And now that parts are available, there's no reason not to buy one.

http://www.gearbest.com/xs809w-_gear/
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2017, 01:59 PM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I didn't expect them to actually sell parts for it. The most important parts are the Xs809w battery and brushed motors -- the battery especially since we are stuck with it. At least it isn't too bad with respect to expense.
Latest blog entry: Drones for Christmas! 🎅
Jun 07, 2017, 11:41 AM
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Finally, gearbest offers the altitude hold version.

TIANQU / VISUO XS809W Altitude Hold

The altitude hold version ends up being the same price as the standard version if you put in the RC18OFF coupon code at checkout, so there is really no reason to buy the standard
Latest blog entry: Drones for Christmas! 🎅
Jun 07, 2017, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCC
Finally, gearbest offers the altitude hold version.

TIANQU / VISUO XS809W Altitude Hold

The altitude hold version ends up being the same price as the standard version if you put in the RC18OFF coupon code at checkout, so there is really no reason to buy the standard
Keep in mind: those are both the 0.3 MP version BG has the 2.0 MP Wide Angle version (promotion sale but under restocking now)
Jun 09, 2017, 07:29 PM
I have been looking at this on GB and have watched many reviews.

I really want the 2mp one and I don't care about alt. hold (even though this is my first drone.) What is the best place to purchase from?
Jun 10, 2017, 03:15 PM
Just ordered one today from TomTop. It is 2MP and has altitude hold. I think they all have altitude hold now. Should be hear in a week or so. I need another quad like I need another hole in my head but I like the compactness. We'll see how it works.
Jun 11, 2017, 11:28 AM
Interesting over at Tomtop:

Note:This version is our custom version.Really 2MP 120°Wide angle 720P Camera. And now is XS809W Upgraded Version XS809HW, have Height Hold Function
Jun 16, 2017, 05:22 AM
Hey guys, I just want to share my review of the Visuo. Its not bad for under $50!

Actually TomTop have a sale on this until the end of the month. With coupon code HJUNVS you get an extra $10 off!!!

Visuo XS809HW WiFi 720p foldable copter - a 50 USD toy with some big boy capabilities!!! (8 min 52 sec)
Last edited by Arxangel; Jun 27, 2017 at 06:50 PM.
Jun 16, 2017, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
Hey guys, I just want to share my review of the Visuo. Its not bad for under $50!

Actually TomTop have a sale on this until the end of the month. With coupon code HJUNVS you get an extra $10 off!!!

https://youtu.be/UOz_OqS5XaY
Very nice review! Very tempted to get one

The recorded video does look pretty good considering the pricepoint; pretty good colors too and without vibration it would actually be pretty darn excellent

*edit: that coupon code worked like a charm and just ordered this one for $37.99
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jun 16, 2017 at 06:22 AM.
Jun 16, 2017, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
Very nice review! Very tempted to get one

The recorded video does look pretty good considering the pricepoint; pretty good colors too and without vibration it would actually be pretty darn excellent

*edit: that coupon code worked like a charm and just ordered this one for $37.99
For 38 USD it is even more impressive! I only pray we don't get a repeat of the Pioneer case...!
Jun 16, 2017, 09:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
For 38 USD it is even more impressive! I only pray we don't get a repeat of the Pioneer case...!
* fingers crossed *
Jun 16, 2017, 05:13 PM
Need a little help!.........on the second hover with the Visuo XS809HW and near the end of the battery the quad decided to pitch forward right so i landed it.
Felt the motors and the front right was very hot and stiff to turn!!!!....guessing the motor is a dud already,i know they are 820's but i have none with gears on them,is there any way to get the gear of and replace it on another motor?
Jun 17, 2017, 07:51 AM
Name: 20170615-090732.jpg
Views: 72
Size: 137.9 KB
Description: It may take good videos but this is what a picture looks like with mine. It may take good videos but here is a picture taken with mine.
Jun 17, 2017, 08:11 AM
Not to happy with TomTop. I ordered an extra battery with mine and it was not in the box when received. Sent an Email to them on Tue. and still have not gotten a reply. Read some where that some one had the same problem. Good luck if you need customer service.
Jun 17, 2017, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
Need a little help!.........on the second hover with the Visuo XS809HW and near the end of the battery the quad decided to pitch forward right so i landed it.
Felt the motors and the front right was very hot and stiff to turn!!!!....guessing the motor is a dud already,i know they are 820's but i have none with gears on them,is there any way to get the gear of and replace it on another motor?
Do these motors have bearings in them, or are they with bushings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69
Attachment 10127975 It may take good videos but here is a picture taken with mine.
Mine definitely takes better photos than this, but compared to the video the photos really do suck! Not sure what the case is here though. So the photos look like this, but the video is fine? I wouldn't even bother taking photos, would rather take frames out of the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69
Not to happy with TomTop. I ordered an extra battery with mine and it was not in the box when received. Sent an Email to them on Tue. and still have not gotten a reply. Read some where that some one had the same problem. Good luck if you need customer service.
Sorry to hear this! I guess these large Chinese vendors all suffer from the same customer support sickness - some people have great experiences, others not so much! Really weird! I hope they do reply to you.