Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Jun 17, 2017, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELIRON69
Attachment 10127975 It may take good videos but here is a picture taken with mine.
That's very - euhm- modern looking

Quote:
Not to happy with TomTop. I ordered an extra battery with mine and it was not in the box when received. Sent an Email to them on Tue. and still have not gotten a reply. Read some where that some one had the same problem. Good luck if you need customer service.
I ordered a spare battery too, but choose to do that seperate from the quad. Already got word that the quad is on its way, and just received word that the battery is now too.
Last edited by Pixelpeter; Jun 17, 2017 at 08:59 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 17, 2017, 08:58 AM
I ordered them together so they would ship in the same package. Read something about not being able to ship just batteries. No notice of them shipping just the battery. I'll send another email and see what happens.
Jun 17, 2017, 09:00 AM
Quote:
I ordered them together so they would ship in the same package. Read something about not being able to ship just batteries. No notice of them shipping just the battery. I'll send another email and see what happens.
They might have send yours seperately
Jun 17, 2017, 09:10 AM
Maybe but why not respond and tell me so?
Jun 17, 2017, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
Do these motors have bearings in them, or are they with bushings?

Mine definitely takes better photos than this, but compared to the video the photos really do suck! Not sure what the case is here though. So the photos look like this, but the video is fine? I wouldn't even bother taking photos, would rather take frames out of the video.

Sorry to hear this! I guess these large Chinese vendors all suffer from the same customer support sickness - some people have great experiences, others not so much! Really weird! I hope they do reply to you.
Most likely just bushings.

How do you take frames out of the video? I've heard of this before but don't know how to do it. Is it a video editing software program? Which one? Would be nice to have for other quads I have.

Bad customer service is usually why I don't order directly from Chinese vendors. Like the products but services sucks!
Jun 17, 2017, 10:09 AM
Quote:
How do you take frames out of the video? I've heard of this before but don't know how to do it. Is it a video editing software program? Which one? Would be nice to have for other quads I have.
You can probably do it with most editing software, but also with video viewers like for instance MPC-HC > pause on the frame you like and 'save image' ... that's all
Jun 17, 2017, 10:23 AM
I don't have any video editing software just picture editing. I prefer taking photographs over videos. I use it a lot with my Hubsan 502S. I guess I should look into it.
Jun 17, 2017, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixelpeter
You can probably do it with most editing software, but also with video viewers like for instance MPC-HC > pause on the frame you like and 'save image' ... that's all
Thank you very much. I downloaded your recommendation and figured out how to work it. I'll probably take more videos now. Sometimes it's hard to line up the shot you want. Figured the VISUO was useless for me. Will give it a try now.
Jun 17, 2017, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxangel
Do these motors have bearings in them, or are they with bushings?
There brushed motors so no bearings just bushings also it has stopped recording to my SD card.........this is me just breaking in the motors and testing the settings,i'm having no luck here.
Well it was a sample to review so there is nothing much i can do apart from trouble shoot it.
Jun 17, 2017, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Thank you very much. I downloaded your recommendation and figured out how to work it. I'll probably take more videos now. Sometimes it's hard to line up the shot you want. Figured the VISUO was useless for me. Will give it a try now.
MPC-HC is a handy viewer, that plays a lot of video-types pretty good. This is the one I use the most, next to VLC media player.
Jun 17, 2017, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch
There brushed motors so no bearings just bushings also it has stopped recording to my SD card.........this is me just breaking in the motors and testing the settings,i'm having no luck here.
Well it was a sample to review so there is nothing much i can do apart from trouble shoot it.
How do you start and stop the recording - from the app or from the controller?
Jun 17, 2017, 12:28 PM
Just made two test videos and they won't play on the mpc-hc but do on windows media player, back to square one.
Jun 17, 2017, 12:35 PM
Flew this to lvc and self-land, battery was at 3.37v. Will have to time future flights.
Jun 17, 2017, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Just made two test videos and they won't play on the mpc-hc but do on windows media player, back to square one.
Actually thats right, video doesnt play for me on MPC as well. You could try some free video editing software, it should be able to export frames. I use Adobe Premiere Pro, but that is paid.
Jun 17, 2017, 01:08 PM
Found out something strange while playing around with the mpc player. I was moving the slide bar at the bottom to view individual pictures when about 3/4 of the way over it started playing. Paused and clicked play and it kept going. Paused and moved indicator to the beginning and hit play and it played. This worked on both videos. Guess it just needs a jump start.