This thread is privately moderated by kiwi_craig, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 21, 2017, 01:48 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
Build Log

Blade 230 power up! Part 2

sick of the screaming tail blade on the 230s when flown with gusto - here's a solution !

the new generation of micro brushless quads are also bringing allot of options with smaller 2, 3 and 4 " diameter blades. Eyeing up the data I settled on the DYS bull nose 3045 tri blades. These are made from a durable and flexy material. diameter is smaller than the blades tail rotor = 82mm vs 75mm for the DYS, the dys has a fraction more pitch from the eyeball micrometer.

allot of the smaller quad blades use a 5mm bore so a blade spacer is needed, by chance GWS make exactly what is needed.

the stock setup relies on a key - flat edge to lock the prop for drive. the quads rely on sandwiching the blade between washer on the prop drive snout. Pretty easy to add 2 washers and a spacer tube to make up the diameter difference between the blades small dia prop shaft and the quads 5mm size. tighten down between two washers and your good t0 go.

hand testing and running the tail motor at full throttle for 30 seconds and then 1 minute did not induce over heating, there is more thrust than the stock blade thats for sure.

price is like $1.50 for a pair, okay your only going to use one of them but at that price who cares............. miles more durable and improved thrust at full throttle.

pretty funky translucent colours

https://www.banggood.com/1-Pair-DYS-...l?rmmds=search

needs a back washer , thin prop centre spacer (gws 5mm units where close to spot on) and a larger front washer.

Miles more durable and looks neat to boot.
Last edited by kiwi_craig; Jun 09, 2017 at 04:57 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 22, 2017, 02:36 AM
Bash crash hopefully no splash
You'll destroy some more of Blade's replacement parts business by telling people about these mods! Great to get away from the fragile tail blades plus a little more thrust. Yep we are lucky with all the micro quad development. great for ESC's, tail motors and blades.
May 28, 2017, 04:38 AM
Slideways at warp speed.......
Thread OP
Going to try the 4045. Still gets busy at times and the the motor is stone cold so not overloaded.
Sep 11, 2018, 12:08 PM
Good afternoon, Did you try the 4045? Im quite tired of tail blades exploding in mid air and in turn damaging other parts. At one time i found a thread of a member using T3056c blades but alas i did not bookmark it and spent the last 3 hours trying to find it. I received the 3056 blades today just waiting for the spacer. Was the 3045 alot better than stock on effeciency and motor temp?
Sep 11, 2018, 12:17 PM
MY apologies it was your thread elsewhere that mentioned the 3056. Anyways which tail blade did ya like best?

Quick Reply