Flykey Rafale V1 goggles... - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 20, 2017, 06:39 PM
I didn't do it...
New Product

Flykey Rafale V1 goggles...

Anyone tried these? UAVfutures gave good reviews and Grumpy Trev gave them an 8 out of 10! Just wondering if anyone else had tried them. IPD adjustment goes down to 55mm.

http://www.banggood.com/FLYKEY-RAFAL...html?rmmds=buy
Last edited by av8ersteve; May 20, 2017 at 06:54 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2017, 12:11 AM
Nope. Only UAV futures Stu who got a set to review. No reviews yet on banggood and they are out of stock. Not much info on the web or even a webpage either..
Jun 05, 2017, 11:21 PM
Looks like they are back in stock at BG. Any takers??
Jun 06, 2017, 12:14 AM
Wandering IT geek
No. IPD is even smaller than Fatsharks. Too narrow for me. Pass
Jun 06, 2017, 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronin4740
No. IPD is even smaller than Fatsharks. Too narrow for me. Pass
Valid point. Not sure why they made the range so narrow in the first place.
Jun 07, 2017, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge_racer
Valid point. Not sure why they made the range so narrow in the first place.
They made them for people like me who find fatsharks too wide at the narrowest ipd setting. I am interested in them purely because of the ipd adjustment, but also need to know if they do diopter lenses for them, or if the fatshark lenses will fit.
Jun 19, 2017, 02:58 PM
I'm in the same boat. I was looking for an option with a narrow IPD. They are great goggles, and not just for the money. They were in stock from gearbest. Showed up promptly. Diversity works great. I wish they were switchable between 16:9 and 4:3, but for a diversity set of goggles that are as comfortable as these, I love them!
Jun 19, 2017, 06:08 PM
Excellent. No issues with the range and any flicker or rolling image? I bought the Hiee goggles since these were out of stock at the time from banggood however they dont perform that well. I may pick these up on a sale end of the year....so disappointed in my decision.
Jul 11, 2017, 12:17 AM
Please update us on your experience with them :-) Any chance you would take it a part and check what is the vRX inside??? People seem to be shocked by how good it is!
Jul 12, 2017, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoodog
Please update us on your experience with them :-) Any chance you would take it a part and check what is the vRX inside??? People seem to be shocked by how good it is!
Probably SkyZone vRX or Boscam.. I wish there was a website or something so I could do more research on them.
Aug 09, 2017, 05:32 PM
Just got mine in mail today from Banggood, will update you on my experience with them.
Aug 10, 2017, 09:01 AM
Excellent. Seems like people are reporting great range from the diversity RXs.
Aug 17, 2017, 09:36 AM
I just picked up a set of these googles and I have a question that feels pretty dumb. How do you charge them? The charging cable i got has a female XT60 plug so it looks like it would plug into a battery, not a charger - which seems odd. Now I could make a converter cable pretty easily and charge it with my Tenergy charger but what setting? What rate?
Aug 17, 2017, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOCOPiranha
I just picked up a set of these googles and I have a question that feels pretty dumb. How do you charge them? The charging cable i got has a female XT60 plug so it looks like it would plug into a battery, not a charger - which seems odd. Now I could make a converter cable pretty easily and charge it with my Tenergy charger but what setting? What rate?
Well looking at the manual on BGs website you can connect a 5~28volt dc power source to that XT60 connection. If you are using the goggles with that power lead connected you need at least a 12 volt/1amp source. How is the IPD adjustment? Its very narrow for most people.
Aug 17, 2017, 12:03 PM
I like the IPD adjustment so far though I haven't actually flown with them. I have a fairly small face so I actually have them adjusted at almost the narrowest setting possible. My only complaint so far is the foam padding, it's not set up very well and I'm going to be looking for some kind of replacement. Maybe modify a fatshark face plate or some such.
As far as charging, do I need to worry about overcharging? I'm not sure if Lith-Ions normally have any kind of internal safeties or anything or if I need to be as cautious as with LiPos.