May 20, 2017, 01:14 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Discontinued Airplane Models you want to see Back exactly as they were or Improved

I am tired to see al this awesome models that were in Hobbyking at one point in time but they are not anymore.

Which one would you like to see coming back. Specially the one they made. Add the names big and bold. maybe we can make a poll if there is enough participation. Also try to add add pictures or videos from the web.
If you owned one and were familiar with some issues the model had that could be improved mention it.
Also if there is a model that still is available in the page but its looking like is going to be discontinued or is going to, because is only available at one warehouse name it too.
I am not familiar with them so I will say to HK just go through the thread of the models and Improve whatever people were having problem with or were modifying. Always add navigation Lights. Always add Rudder and ailerons. If scale add flaps and retractable landing gear with shock absorption.

So here is my list. Common suggestion for all of them is to bring them back with the new quality foam Hobbyking is capable to make these days.
P-26A Peashooter EPO Could come back as a Durafly , 4s capable

HobbyKing Product Video - P-26A Peashooter EPO 800mm (PNF) (1 min 32 sec)

HobbyKing Daily - HK P26 Peashooter (3 min 15 sec)

Durafly DH-88 Comet nav lights , 4s capable
HobbyKing Daily - Durafly DH 88 Comet (3 min 8 sec)

Durafly Product Video - Durafly DH-88 Comet 1100mm w/retracts & lights (PNF) (3 min 11 sec)

WE NEED A NEW IMPROVED CORSAIR F4U , 4s capable

WE NEED A NEW HOBBIKING ULTRA LINE OF EPO ULTRA MICROS AROUND 400MM TO COMPETE WITH THE AWFUL UMX PRICES. SPECIALLY FOR US NON US PEOPLE. 3s capable

Durafly D.H.110 Sea Vixen Bring it back with LED, RUDDER, Gear Doors. Carbon fiber roads on the booms.

Durafly D.H.110 Sea Vixen EDF Jet w/Retracts 1000mm (PNF) (2 min 41 sec)

DURAFLY / HOBBY KING de Havilland DH.110 Sea Vixen FLight Demonstration in HD (6 min 4 sec)

Avios Yak-52 Military Scheme About to go extinct and the yellow one already extinct BRING BACK THE YELLOW ONE with optional Hoobyking decal. I think many people may have been turn dow by the gigantic HK decals. ADD NAV LIGHTS and SCALE PILOTS , no gigantic ones please

Hobby King Avios YAK-52 1200mm Flight review By: RCINFORMER (17 min 8 sec)

Pete Flys The Hobby King Avios YAK-52 1200mm By: RCINFORMER (7 min 11 sec)

DH 100 Vampire MK 6 Still available in some warehouses but we need an improved V2 with nav lights, gear doors, carbon fiber roads on the wings and on the booms, gears with shock absorption. Far better foam quality, the foam is to soft. same paint scheme for me. I know there supposedly a V2 about to came out but I hope they release it with this improvement mentioned and also this same paint scheme I am not fan of the one with vampire teeth.

vampire with mods

Hobbyking - DH 100 Vampire MK 6 - Beautiful Evening Flight 5/9/17 (6 min 9 sec)

Durafly™ Monocoupe 1100mm V2 Nav Lights, Flaps better foam, 4s capable

HobbyKing Product Video - Durafly Monocoupe (2 min 43 sec)

Durafly™ Mk-24 Spitfire better foam, 4s capable

Product Video - Durafly Spitfire Mk 24, 1100mm (PNF) (3 min 23 sec)

HobbyKing Daily - Durafly Spitfire (4 min 53 sec)

WE NEED SOME Durafly GEE BEE R2 and also other Gee bees models like this GEE BEE SPORTSTER

Maybe also a Durafly RATA

Maybe wee need a special thread for models you would like to see as AVIOS or Duralfy here
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s#post37560984

Last edited by Drra; May 20, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2017, 05:59 PM
All I can say is... stay tuned.

Rob
HK PS NY
May 20, 2017, 06:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKingCSNYC
All I can say is... stay tuned.

Rob
HK PS NY
Awesome Rob.
Rob Please start a hobbyking Mirco line around 400mm 3s (to compete against UMX) , for us city guys ( that don't live in the United States, very expensive shipping ) that usually can only fly in very small parks or front street
and a wonderful very different model for durafly and maybe even for micro what about a Grumman F3F with working retracts for the big version

May 22, 2017, 02:43 PM
JohnVHRC
always thought the peashooter was kinda cool, maybe a bigger one? Cant wait!
Latest blog entry: HKing Paramotor fun!
May 22, 2017, 05:48 PM
Category Manager - Planes
You'd better start watching our weekly updates Dara.

I might have a few announcements to make shortly.
May 22, 2017, 10:46 PM
JohnVHRC
Awesome
Latest blog entry: HKing Paramotor fun!
May 24, 2017, 10:43 AM
RC plane addict ;-)
I'm sure i read on here or heard in a HK weekly video that they were bring back some of these models but with a few improvements,unless i'm losing the plot but going by what HKCS are saying here then maybe i'm not.

Oh and i'd love to see the Sea Vixen and Vampire come back with a couple of improvements.
Last edited by startazz; May 24, 2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: added last line.
May 24, 2017, 03:35 PM
Sea Vixen is still available under a different brand name quite easily found.
One can also find OrangeRX T-Six transmitters rebranded, in either jaffa orange or grey mouldings with receivers (and an 8 channel.version!) easily too cheaper than at HK!
May 25, 2017, 02:43 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyKing_Ian
You'd better start watching our weekly updates Dara.

I might have a few announcements to make shortly.
You Mean your Youtube CHANNEL?
I surf the HK store every week in search for deals, new products, also waiting for many stuff that are out of stock to be restocked.
I watch all the videos uploaded on the youtube channel. So I hope to see good news about this soon.
May 25, 2017, 02:52 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal2
Sea Vixen is still available under a different brand name quite easily found.
One can also find OrangeRX T-Six transmitters rebranded, in either jaffa orange or grey mouldings with receivers (and an 8 channel.version!) easily too cheaper than at HK!
If you mean the HSD D.H.110 Sea Vixen seems to be discontinued. They also had a silver red bull one. I would love to see a silver one none red bull. The lines details are more eye popping with the silver one than the dark blue one. IMHO

May 25, 2017, 04:55 PM
HSD Vixen is easily available in three different options - bare kit with no retracts, kit with retracts or full pnp from at least half a dozen places. As for the Red Bull colours - a travesty! But at least it helped get the real thing in the air!
May 26, 2017, 02:41 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal2
HSD Vixen is easily available in three different options - bare kit with no retracts, kit with retracts or full pnp from at least half a dozen places. As for the Red Bull colours - a travesty! But at least it helped get the real thing in the air!
Yes I am not fun of the Red Bull logo and stuff but I really Like it in Silver more than the dark blue. Its shapes show up more IMHO Also a light silver is a good canvas for adding other colors on top of it if you want to customized it more.

I only found one online store that is seems to have the HSD Vixen.
Last edited by Drra; May 26, 2017 at 02:46 PM.
May 27, 2017, 09:13 PM
Thread OP

Bring back the EPO

Not sure if the one on the Flite Test review is the same one

This other one has some cool details and awesome pilot
IMHO a good looking pilot with a scraft is a must

https://hobbyking.com/it_it/fokker-d...m-epo-pnf.html

Bring it back With all the improvements it needs, as stated here LOL

Flite Test - Fokker Triplane - REVIEW (10 min 31 sec)
Last edited by Drra; May 27, 2017 at 09:30 PM.
May 27, 2017, 09:27 PM
Thread OP
It seems it needed a better power system to really perform to its full potential.

and it had an ugly shine paint, needs a mate one for sure.

HobbyKing Fokker Triplane Maiden and More! (EPO) (11 min 7 sec)

again it seems there is two epo models of this one similar size.

京商 Fokker Dr.1 Triplane first shakedown flights (3 min 2 sec)
May 30, 2017, 04:03 PM
Electrons were young...
The Money Shot.

Just improve the rear fins for strength.

Quick Reply