This thread is privately moderated by epoxyearl, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 20, 2017, 06:21 AM
Bellanca Kruesair
Thread OP
Discussion

Support the AMA .Yeah..Right..

After paying my final AMA dues two years ago, I voiced my opinion that the Organization was nothing more than a money grubbing, self righteous bunch of people indicating they would fight to the death for our freedom to fly model airplanes, and forcing a catazine on us, as parts of their 'deal'...

One modeler took on the FAA in Federal Court, and won a reversal of the FAA's interference in modelers, and their models...Registration is no longer required, and the restrictions regarding flight of models is once again under the rules we the modelers instilled eons ago, concerning safety.

I can barely contain my anticipation of the AMA's 'spin' on these events, considering the large amounts of money spent, incurred on Hotel rooms, food, travel, and entertainment, whilst the representatives were in DC, 'representing the modelers'..

If the talking heads at AMA were to give Mr. John Taylor full credit for his accomplishment, I may be pleasantly surprised.- One man accomplished what an entire organization was not capable of doing...
Latest blog entry: Ban Birds.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2017, 03:09 PM

AMA And the FAA

You're right again Earl. No mention of John Taylor on the AMA website, big surprise! They'll probably try to take credit for the court ruling the same way they made a big fuss when Old Rhinebeck Aerodrome was honored, Cole Palen's name was never in the article and our friend John Taylor's name will not appear in Model Aviaton. We'll see
May 20, 2017, 06:34 PM
To the victor the spoils! FAA should have to give all the 5.00 registration fees to Taylor! Not only did the AMA do nothing, they told everyone to OBEY when we the members knew it was wrong. What a racket if you want to fly at a sanctioned field or contest you have to be a member so you pay at the contest and pay to fly at a club field. I wish I could figure a service that people pay for and get nothing...oh wait the government is providing that service now.
May 21, 2017, 07:33 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
You'll get a kick out of this "explanation".

BREAKING NEWS from AMA Air - FAA Registration Rule Overturned (5 min 22 sec)

Mike

Quick Reply