May 20, 2017, 06:13 AM
Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Thread OP
Discussion

AMA received millions, yet John did what AMA couldn't

Why haven't they (AMA) done this well before now? How many millions of our dollars have they collected? And for what?

John Taylor achieved more, for far less money, and far faster. And AMA's video yesterday? It didn't even have the class to mention him by name and thank him for doing what they could not.
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2017, 06:58 AM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
Better question is how much was spent on their failed efforts?
The icing on the cake is the guy who headed up that effort is now running the AMA.

What next?
Mike
May 20, 2017, 11:44 AM
Flying R/C since 1964
The judgment in favor of Mr. Taylor relied explicitly on Section 336 of PL112-95.

How EXACTLY do you think Section 336 ended up in an Act of Congress? Did the FAA volunteer it out of the blue?
May 20, 2017, 11:50 AM
FA34HM3YC7
It came from AC 91-57 then AC 91-57A grew out of PL112-95
May 20, 2017, 12:22 PM
Drone offender FA377YHFNC
The AMA fallaciously took credit for 336 after the fact. Congress was minded to put that language into the FAA act before the AMA made it their latest PR campaign. But their grandstanding was no more truthful than their "We saved the hobby" crap they trumpeted while singing kumbaya with the FAA and selling us all out. The AMA doesn't defend the hobby anyway. They couldn't care LESS about the hobby, they're defending their turf at the expense of the hobby. They need to go, sooner rather than later. They are a dinosaur fossil, dead for twenty or thirty years, which has forgotten to stop eating.
May 20, 2017, 12:48 PM
Commander, U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallend
The judgment in favor of Mr. Taylor relied explicitly on Section 336 of PL112-95.

How EXACTLY do you think Section 336 ended up in an Act of Congress? Did the FAA volunteer it out of the blue?
AMA wanted 336 for one reason: part (a)(2), "the aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-based set of safety guidelines and within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization; (emphasis added)"

AMA thought that would make membership all but mandatory. You can see it today, although FAA has said that they do not interpret that as requiring membership, just look how many places AMA says that it is THEIR VIEW that you have to be a member.

So AMA wanted 336 for one reason: money.
May 20, 2017, 01:45 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Well, Mr. Rockin Robbins says AMA had nothing to do with it, and CDR Franklin says AMA did.

Who to believe? Who to believe?

Tell us, Mr. Robbins, where did Section 336 come from? Which congressperson authored it?
May 20, 2017, 02:27 PM
FA34HM3YC7
Quote:
Well, Mr. Rockin Robbins says AMA had nothing to do with it, and CDR Franklin says AMA did.

Who to believe? Who to believe?

Tell us, Mr. Robbins, where did Section 336 come from? Which congressperson authored it?
Already answered that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhea
It came from AC 91-57 then AC 91-57A grew out of PL112-95
May 20, 2017, 02:38 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Already answered that.
Nope. AC91-57 does not in any way imply Section 336 in an Act of Congress.
May 20, 2017, 04:50 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:

No ... they did not. But neither did the AMA do anything, in my view, that benefited us or the hobby. Only themselves. They dropped the ball completely on this registration business and then have the nerve to make a public statement the leave the reader thinking the AMA is the hero.

Kallend ... I generally find your posts well thought out and accurate. None the less, I think everyone needs to understand that the AMA STP'd on this one. Spliting hairs about what the AMA did years ago and how we have them to thank so John Taylor could go slap the FAA is not necessary.
Last edited by Lou; May 20, 2017 at 05:35 PM. Reason: correcting finger memory
May 20, 2017, 05:23 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou
No ... they did not. But neither did the AMA do anything, in my view, that benefited us or the hobby. Only themselves. They dropped the ball completely on this registration business and then have the nerve to make a public statement the leave the reader thinking the AMA is the hero.

Kallend ... I generally find your posts well thought out and accurate. None the less, I think everyone needs to understand that the AMA STP'd on this one. Spliting hairs about what the AMA did years ago and how we have them to thank so John Taylor could go slap the FCC is not necessary.
Mr. Taylor slapped FAA (not FCC as you wrote) on account of FAA's failure to comply with Section 336, as stated explicitly by the court.

Section 336 only entered the Act on account of AMA's lobbying. It didn't magically transfer to an Act of Congress from an FAA advisory circular as Rhea seems to think.
May 20, 2017, 05:25 PM
Flying R/C since 1964
Quote:
Where did Sec. 336 come from then?
That does NOT explain HOW the section came to be in the Act. Do you really think congressmen and senators read FAA's advisory circulars without being prodded by lobbyists?

Do you think congressmen and senators read FAA's advisory circulars at all, ever?
May 20, 2017, 05:37 PM
Lou
Lou
Quote:
Mr. Taylor slapped FAA (not FCC as you wrote) on account of FAA's failure to comply with Section 336, as stated explicitly by the court.

Section 336 only entered the Act on account of AMA's lobbying. It didn't magically transfer to an Act of Congress from an FAA advisory circular as Rhea seems to think.
Yep .. correct about the FCC gaff. I deal in an industry that is largely regulated by the FCC so finger memory came into play. I intended to type FAA but FCC came out.
May 21, 2017, 12:09 AM
Thank you, John

-L

Quick Reply