openTX Firmware ( Turnigy 9XR pro ) - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 20, 2017, 12:13 AM
Discussion

openTX Firmware ( Turnigy 9XR pro )

Playing with the iRangeX IRX4 multi protocol module meant installing openTX 2.2 firmware to my 9XR pro ..

"AND" I have to honestly say , openTX 2.2 Bites hard ..
Seriously , can you trust this open source firmware = No you can't ( so is my opinion ) ...
I have found several issues , and one issue makes the firmware some what NQR ( not quite right )
I post this as moments ago openTX crashed and burned , wiping all settings etc .

A) Installing openTX AETR does not mean you get AETR because for me Aileron and rudder were switched ..
So I got RETA , even though the firmware was installed AETR ( ????????? )
Now you assign function to channels , but this then leaves the trim tabs as they were , so if you need to trim on the fly it could be problematic ...
Possible solution is to install the firmware RETA , so if Rudder and Aileron revers it will then be AETR ..
B) After re flashing openTX after it crashed , it began to freeze on start up .. Removing the SD card seems to be the cure , so also looks like some sort of SD card issue as well ...

So what does this mean ?
It simply means that openTX is not entirely stable , and if its not stable , then how safe is it to use ?
to remove ads between posts