Thread OP
Discussion

Federal Appeals Court: FAA's Reg. Rule Violates Sect 336

RCG article link from today. FYI only.
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2017, 09:24 PM
Unclsky

Thanks Chris

I never thought it was lawful and thus never registered. Glad that someone fought it and won. Feel AMA should help regarding the cost of ligation on this.
May 21, 2017, 09:36 PM
NorCal Electric Soaring (NES)
Thread OP
Me neither Ron. FAA will likely fight it by trying to push something thru Congress. At least that will take awhile...
Jan 06, 2018, 12:24 PM
Good for what ALES you
Well, that didn't take long.

From the AMA:
Dear members,

Last month, we shared new information about the FAA's UAS registration requirement, which Congress has reinstated.
Today, we are writing to let you know that President Trump has signed this bill making UAS registration a federal requirement again, including for AMA members.

For more information and frequently asked questions, please visit our federal registration page.

Thank you,

AMA Government Relations
Any thoughts on club policy? We do require AMA for membership. Will we become the enforcement arm for the FAA?

And for every new government regulation, there are the profiteers and swindlers that craw out from under their rocks. If you search for registration, you are likely to come across this website. This is NOT the FAA, but they will gladly collect your personal information, drone serial #, where you bought it. They also collect $24.99 when the FAA fee is $5 per plane. Oh, they also send you labels to put on your plane. That's gotta be worth the extra $19.99.

http://federaldroneregistration.com/registrationform

And from their website: "The FAA states that failure to register an aircraft may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years."
Jan 06, 2018, 12:40 PM
NorCal Electric Soaring (NES)
Thread OP
Aric, I'll add this to the list of discussion topics for today's board meeting, thanks for the reminder. My personal feeling is that we continue to not get involved in verifying FAA registration.

Chris

Quick Reply