Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 19, 2017, 03:29 PM
Question

connection of neck strap to trasmitter

Hi All

Just got a spectrum neck strap as I had been flying without one, but I don't know what the black bit is for or how to attach it to the transmitter
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 06:56 PM
Chesapeake Bay RC Club
I have that black part in a drawer. Hook the silver clip onto the Transmitter. That plastic thing is not strong enough to support the Tx IMO.
Gary
May 20, 2017, 05:23 AM
You use the metal clip to connect to the transmitter. The plastic clip with the removable part is for your bind key. So you can detach to bind, then reattach to the strap.
May 20, 2017, 06:02 AM
thanks for that
May 20, 2017, 06:10 AM
I've lost my little black part; but still am stymied about how to make sure I have a bind plug with me. So I taped it to the backside of my Tx.
May 20, 2017, 07:35 AM
Huh!?! That quick disconnect buckle is to hold a bind plug? You gotta be kidding me.
The one shown is plenty strong to hold a TX, I use a much smaller one with not a problem.
They're much quicker and handier than those metal sail snaps often seen.
May 20, 2017, 09:21 PM
Heli's rule!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnFM
Huh!?! That quick disconnect buckle is to hold a bind plug? You gotta be kidding me.
The one shown is plenty strong to hold a TX, I use a much smaller one with not a problem.
They're much quicker and handier than those metal sail snaps often seen.
You are crazy if you're using that end piece to support a multi-hundred dollar transmitter. That's not what it's made for.
However, I agree it's a pain to snap/unsnap the neck strap all the time, that's why i use this neck strap. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L2...UrL&ref=plSrch

It's got a buckle built in. I will release the buckle then lower the tx to the ground on the strap, plug in battery, then plug buckle back in and go. You can easily do it one handed and it's way faster than undoing the metal snap and safer than taking the strap off over your head.
May 21, 2017, 08:54 AM
To each his own. There's no way to tell from the photo in the thread what kind of snap it is, let alone how strong it is.
I've never bothered with those specialized straps.
Been using an old Nikon camera strap for years with a wide variety of snaps and connectors.
Go to a good camping supply store and you can find every sort of snap you ever imagined.
May 22, 2017, 12:29 PM
Really?

The older I get, the more amazed I become at how many simple things in life take too much time and are too much trouble. I guess the "second" required to unleash the clip from my Tx is another "second" lost from my texting time.
May 22, 2017, 08:46 PM
Heli's rule!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmetcalf
Really?

The older I get, the more amazed I become at how many simple things in life take too much time and are too much trouble. I guess the "second" required to unleash the clip from my Tx is another "second" lost from my texting time.
Pretty offensive comment there. I guess we are all just lazy because we want a buckle on our neck straps?

With a buckle on my neck strap, I can be holding the model in one hand, unsnap the transmitter from my neckstrap with the other, and gently set it down, then plug in my heli and set it down, all without risk of fumbling and dropping my expensive transmitter, which I have watched someone do while trying to unclip it from his neckstrap.....