We Asked First Timers What They Think of the Joe Nall Flying Event - RC Groups

We Asked First Timers What They Think of the Joe Nall Flying Event

I grabbed my camera and started asking people if this was their first Joe Nall. I couldn't believe how many I found and what they had to say about the event was profound.

Splash

What's it like to experience Joe Nall for the first time?

The Joe Nall flying event is hard to describe. It's got something special about it that keeps people coming back, 17 years worth in my case. I've seen Triple Tree Aerodrome grow and change and I knew it was an amazing place from the very first time I set foot on the grounds. It's a place to fly, chat with your buddies, buy the latest planes and accessories, see incredible aircraft and watch the top pilots in the world put on an airshow. There's something for everyone and it will change your life and perspective on the hobby.

As I was rolling around this year and reminiscing back on my first Joe Nall, I wondered what it was like for first timers now. So I grabbed my camera and started asking people if this was their first Joe Nall. I couldn't believe how many I found and what they had to say about the event was profound. I hope you enjoy this video of first time Joe Nallers and maybe it will convince you to come next year. If you've never been, I hope one day you can come experience the magic that is Joe Nall.

This thread is privately moderated by Jason Cole, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 20, 2017, 07:21 AM
This event looks really cool. I would love to go one year.
May 21, 2017, 09:42 AM
MK
MK
At least one visit should be a requirement after AMA membership!
May 23, 2017, 11:08 AM
I went this year, first time..My Wife is not interested in the airplane thing at all..thinks it is stupid ,lol. but wow, I saw her change at Joe Nall. She was totally liking it. Great vibe and alot of fun. we both had a great time..
May 23, 2017, 11:20 AM
Nice, hope my wife and I can attend next year. Looks very cool.
May 23, 2017, 11:23 AM
RCG Admin
We'll see you there!
May 25, 2017, 11:34 AM
If I hadn't spent all my cash on getting a new plane in the air, I would have been there this year. Been trying to get there for a couple years now but things alway come up, but I've decided next year will be the year. Looks like it is a ton of fun even if you never get around to flying.
May 26, 2017, 08:38 PM
Flying, Something for Everyone
As a first timer, it was awesome to see. Video does not do justice to seeing the flying first hand. Especially the 3D line. Only bad thing was to many under age kids driving motor vehicles. They need to enforce their 18yr age limit since many of the kids go way to fast. I will be back next year with bigger than my 60" planes to fly. Drove 1650 miles each way and will do it again.
Jun 01, 2017, 03:10 AM
WJH
WJH
Re-Born Foam Lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK
At least one visit should be a requirement after AMA membership!
Why should the AMA be a requirement? I don't have to be a NRA member to shoot my guns!
Jun 01, 2017, 08:15 AM
MK
MK
Because you need to be AMA to fly at Joe Nall and practically all events from club level on up.
Jun 26, 2017, 01:46 AM
Can participate in an operation has been good, I think,
Last edited by tumpD; Jun 27, 2017 at 08:13 PM.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 03:56 AM
jackmile
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam).