The Horizon Hobby Booth Tour - Joe Nall 2017

Join us as Jim T. Graham speaks with Ali, Craig, and John about the Horizon Hobby goodness on display at Joe Nall 2017.

The Horizon Hobby booth at Joe Nall 2017

A Video Tour of What's New at Horizon Hobby

Horizon Hobby made a strong showing as usual at the Nall this year. There we're all sorts of goodies to feast the eyes upon at the Horizon Hobby booth, located show center on the main line. On display we're the majority of giant-scale Hangar 9 aircraft, including the new Van's RV-4, as well as the Spektrum DX20 and the budget Spektrum DX6e.

Check out the full video booth tour below!

Horizon Hobby Booth Tour - Nall 2017 (13 min 39 sec)

Last edited by Matt Gunn; May 19, 2017 at 10:49 AM..
This thread is privately moderated by Matt Gunn, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Yesterday, 11:37 PM

Review on the review.....Camera operation pretty poor!

Thanks for the video. Please next time though, keep the camera more steady. The first half reviewing the planes is real BAD to watch. It's constantly swaying and panning/zooming way too fast and it focuses mainly on the presenter rather than the thing we all want to see whilst listening to the descriptions......., THE PLANES!! It's frustrating to view and incredibly amateur style. Sorry, but true and it must be said!

The Spektrum review section (second segment) was ok though. Rather surprised that I don't recall the all important Telemetry function being mentioned much or at all even?
Yesterday, 11:51 PM
RCGroups Editor
Thanks man, glad you enjoyed it.

Maybe I can enlighten you on why the first part was moving in such a manner: My video camera is setup to shoot mostly airplanes; I have a shotgun mic. That scene was particularly difficult because I had the subject talking while standing and the airplanes on the ground. If I panned down, the shotgun mic would lose his voice. I remember thinking to myself as I shot this: "how can I capture both without making him stop and squat down". I tried to split the difference. Hope that helps.
Matt
Last edited by Matt Gunn; Today at 12:04 AM.
Today, 01:42 AM
Thanks Matt, I got it.

Perhaps a separate sound man with headphones and shotgun mic on a boom would be good. Or better still, equip presenters with lapel mics, though I know this adds complexity with mixers etc etc. Takes away the spontaneity somewhat too.

Cheers

Peter