Joe Nall Aerial Photos

We got a chance a to take a drone up over Joe Nall and capture some aerial photos to you a different perspective of what this massive event looks like from above. Enjoy.

Splash

Take a look at Joe Nall from a Drone

It's hard to understand the scope and size of Joe Nall until you've been here. The facility is HUGE and with over 1500 pilots and many more spectators, you can't possibly get it all in one photo, unless you take the photo from space. We got a chance to take a drone up over Joe Nall and capture some aerial photos to bring you a different perspective of what this massive event looks like from above. Enjoy.

This thread is privately moderated by Jason Cole, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 19, 2017, 08:46 AM
Thanks for those pictures.
For those of us that will never make it to Nall it gives us some idea of size.

Like all events of this nature, enjoy it while you can as they don't last forever.
I was a big fan of Iowa's Striking Back model show for the ten plus years it was on.
That show was way ahead of it's time.
May 19, 2017, 09:41 AM
Great pics!

-Dustin
May 19, 2017, 12:19 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Thanks for the exhaustive coverage, Jason and Team RCG!
May 19, 2017, 01:54 PM
Team Hitec, Customer Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim409
Thanks for those pictures.
For those of us that will never make it to Nall it gives us some idea of size.

Like all events of this nature, enjoy it while you can as they don't last forever.
I was a big fan of Iowa's Striking Back model show for the ten plus years it was on.
That show was way ahead of it's time.
To give you an idea of just how big the place is, the length of the main road is nearly 2 miles long from the very entrance all the way down to the turnaround at the 3D line!! The length of the runway itself is 7000 feet, so yeah Triple Tree Aerodrome is a huge facility
Latest blog entry: A servo mounting tech-tip
May 20, 2017, 07:00 AM
RCG Staff
Here's some shots of the noon time demo crowd from Friday.
Yesterday, 08:14 AM
MK
MK
Thanks Jason for posting those pictures. I took over 500 myself but will be adding these aerials to the bunch!