This thread is privately moderated by GC9N, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 19, 2017, 07:28 AM
MK Addict
Thread OP
Alert

AchilleΣ Firmware for Realacc + Other Fatshark Modules and Ground Stations

Hello All .

I want to share my new Firmware for Realacc + other DIY Diversity modules Called AchilleΣ, I been working with 5808 modules for 1,5 year , I found and learned a lot of things since then , I also manage to add an OSD into the module but this design is not so elegant to apply , because in order to accept this idea the entire module have to be redesigned from scratch . (i am open for proposals) , so I stopped developing into the OSD .feature.

After countless hours of keyboard bashing and lots of caffeine, beer, and more alcohol
AchilleΣ is now born and he wants to fight against bad signal

FEATURES

Some of the Features that AchilleΣ includes.

• Is not supporting 48 or 72 But 583 Channels!
• Ultra Search , Starts to search into the predefined band-channels until the desired frequency found .If that happen AchilleΣ auto tunes -3Mhz up to +3Mhz and votes for the channel with the best RSSI.
•Manual, classic manual search ,but with the ability to search Mhz by Mhz over the band. With single click is jumping over predefine freqs and by holding the up or down button fine tuning over each MHZ.
•EVENT mode , Searching down all the 5.8 band and keeps in memory only the running channels, then you can browse them one by one.
• FAST mode , a very handy feature to find very fast a frequensy or a band.
•Favorite channels up to 10. You can Save predefine band channel or even a custom frequency. Start Up channel selection.
•RSSI Filtering , you can choose for Fast ,Normal ,Low RX changes.
•Buzzer Alarm for Low level RSSI 10%,20%,30%.
•FoolProof RSSI Calibration
• RSSI Scan Reads. you can change the average scans for RSSI Reads.
• Added Statistics with percentage for antennas switching.Statistics run and counts when module enters in screen saver mode, if you hit any button you will reset them at once.
• Find Model , Add a patch Antenna to bottom RX (A) and point to the place that the drone might lost , the Graphic interface + buzzer will guide you
• Band Scanner is scanning with predefined channels (48) not the entire 5.8 band . might be an option if required in future to toggle for a full scan
• Nice and Easy User Interface.
• Buzzer support.

DEDICATED WEB SITE

There is also a dedicated WebSite for Achilles Firmware's , for Various modules. with instructions , videos etc.
http://achillesfpv.eu
All the Contents will be available 30 November 2017
There is also a FaceBook Page for news,videos , infos. Please like and share

VIDEO

AchilleΣ firmware on RX5808 Pro & Pro PLUS: Flashing & Overview - QUICK GUIDE (4 min 5 sec)

Achilles Fatshark Module Firmware | REALACC RUNS WITH THE BIG DOGS NOW (8 min 26 sec)

AchilleΣ 2 For RealAcc FatShark Modules and DIY Diversity Recievers (4 min 6 sec)

AchilleΣ V1.0 for RealAcc and DIY Diversity Modules. (4 min 55 sec)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

AchilleΣ is a closed source code software and it is forbidden for legal entities to use it as a default firmware for commercial products without my permission.

SUPPORT

If you want me to continue innovating and do R&D and you wish to support me

DOWNLOAD
AchilleΣ V2.0

AchilleΣ V2.0
  • EVENT mode , Searching down all the 5.8 band and keeps in memory only the running channels, then you can browse them one by one.
  • FAST mode , a very handy feature to find very fast a frequensy or a band.
  • Evil Bugs Removed!

AchilleΣ V1.2
  • Alert for Low level RSSI (You need Buzzer) 4 modes OFF,10%,20%,30%
  • Fool Proof RSSI Calibration Wizard
  • Improved RSSI Calibration Algorithm
  • R7 and F8 fixed Bug Fixed
  • Better Favorites management if you dont set startup channel ,
    the last freq you use(favorites or not) will be used for boot up
  • Stabilized Antenna Statistics Usage
  • Buzzer feedback for lost model
  • Bug Fixes

AchilleΣ V1.1
  • Added Statistics with percentage for antennas switching
  • Fixed the Display for R band and L band , no mre C and D
  • Small changes in front UI
  • Bug Fixes

COMPATIBILITY

Confirmed working:
  • Realacc RX5808 Pro Integrated
  • Realacc RX5808 Pro Split
  • RJX Hobby diversity receiver for fatshark
  • GE-FPV RX5808 Pro 5.8G 40CH Diversity FPV Receiver
  • OPENPILOT RX5808 PRO 5.8G 40CH Diversity FPV Reciever for Fatshark

For GE-FPV and OPENPILOT with avrdude follow this post
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=585

Not compatible:
  • Realacc RX5808 Lite
  • FlyingLemon 2Pinneapples
  • Eachine PRO58
  • Quanum HB5808

Need testing:
  • Holybro Hukiya RX5808 Pro

Need Development
  • FuriousFPV True-D
  • Laforge

INSTRUCTIONS

Follow these steps please, very carefully!

1. download the Xloader http://russemotto.com/xloader/XLoader.zip set your FTDI to 5V.
  • Device: Duemilanove/Nano(ATmega328)
  • Baud Rate: 57600
2. Upload the eeprom_clear.hex to the RealAcc (This is important step You have to reset chip first.)
3. Upload the Achilleas_Vxx.hex to the RealAcc
4. Calibration. For best Results Use a 25mw tx and leave 1 or 0,80 meter distance, calibrate the module without antennas. (if you don’t have 25mw TX and its more powerful then leave more space 10+ meters) or if you are inside a house ,go behind couple of walls.
if you dont make a calibration the module will not properly work Calibration is Mandatory
5.Go out and fly!
6.Dont forget to support..

Recent videos..
Achilles V1. 0 VS Trued V3 (2 min 29 sec)

AchilleΣ V1. 0 VS Trued V3. 5 (1 min 43 sec)

AchilleΣ Under Garage Cements. (3 min 17 sec)

New Case for Buzzer !

A new case for Buzzer support on the pro version not the split one.
Here is the link https://goo.gl/ZEZf8C

Fatshark Fanguard AchilleΣ
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2371333

Current Consumption No, this didnt change ... its the same! i guess its the lowest among known modules.

P.S Invest in a nice pair of Antennas stop using cheap chinese
It is a shame to submerge the possibilities of the module get an Immersion Patch and a good Pagoda.
Last edited by GC9N; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:36 AM. Reason: AchilleΣ V2. 0
to remove ads between posts
May 21, 2017, 04:41 AM
silently addicted..
Keep up the great work - subbed and waiting for more
May 21, 2017, 05:34 AM
Since there was no reply from GC9N i'll repost my message here as it is quiete essential for most of us:

Will this firmware be a chance for all of us who experience that weird frame sync issues?
"Different filter settings for the switching" sounds great but has that anything to do with the frame sync issues?
Or is this "just" for better switching logic?
Because i've read that switching may not be the cause of those issues.

@ GC9N: How old is the vrx you're using, did you use just one unit to test things or do you have multiple units?
A user in the RX5808 thread wrote that the latest batches may be faulty, can we work on confirming this?

p.s.: comparison videos look amazing, great work so far!
Last edited by Chris.Z; May 21, 2017 at 05:43 AM.
May 21, 2017, 05:43 AM
MK Addict
Thread OP
Chris excellent questions
I test the firmware with 3 units one old and two new.
Currently there are 7 people around the globe testing. And they have various versions old and new
The goal is to vanish synch issue. + new features
As soon as I release the firm you can take your conclusions.

Thanks for your support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.Z
Since there was
no reply from GC9N i'll repost my message here as it is quiete essential for most of us:

Will this firmware be a chance for all of us who experience that weird frame sync issues?
"Different filter settings for the switching" sounds great but has that anything to do with the frame sync issues?
Or is this "just" for better switching logic?
Because i've read that switching may not be the cause of those issues.

@ GC9N: How old is the vrx you're using, did you use just one unit to test things or do you have multiple units?
A user in the RX5808 thread wrote that the latest batches may be faulty, can we work on confirming this?
May 21, 2017, 07:08 AM
Ill *really* miss the osd & battery monitoring support.
The realacc split receiver will not fit inside the attitude v3 bay without desoldering the oled and button.

Might have to stick with the old firmware in all its somewhat buggy glory. Bit of a shame as i often fly in rf hell, aka a forest with lots of trees.
May 21, 2017, 09:03 AM
z33
z33
Great job can't wait!
May 21, 2017, 09:45 AM
Team Warpsquad!!!
Excellent work! Following intently...
Maybe down the road it would be cool to be able to name the presets.
Last edited by Btnewman; May 21, 2017 at 09:53 AM.
May 21, 2017, 03:09 PM
RC Surf
Sweet . . looks exceptional
May 21, 2017, 03:47 PM
Some call me the other guy!
I am testing some new goggles and I would love to use your new firmware.
I recently bought a RX5808 Pro Diversity module.
Please PM me for more Info!

Thank you!
May 22, 2017, 04:08 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Looking forward to test this.
Specially curious about the fine tunning, when measuring my vTX's is quite common for them to never be transmitting in the frequency we expect. Always off by 1 or 2Mhz.

QQ: Will you be providing a .hex version for the other OLED models for people that had to swap them?
Cheers
May 22, 2017, 04:24 AM
MK Addict
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind
Looking forward to test this.
Specially curious about the fine tunning, when measuring my vTX's is quite common for them to never be transmitting in the frequency we expect. Always off by 1 or 2Mhz.

QQ: Will you be providing a .hex version for the other OLED models for people that had to swap them?
Cheers
Yes indeed. Some vTX's if they get hot they transmit better in +1 or - 1 mhz or even more but this requires try and error.

What other oled models?
May 22, 2017, 04:55 AM
throw new IOPilotException();
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC9N
Yes indeed. Some vTX's if they get hot they transmit better in +1 or - 1 mhz or even more but this requires try and error.

What other oled models?

SSD1306 or SSD1106 can't recall exactly.
Had one breaking due to a bad cover and swapped by the one on the Ground Station RX5808 diversity module that is different.
May 22, 2017, 05:00 AM
Great work Georges !

I am really a fan of your OSD mod since day 1, can't wait to test this new firmware !
May 22, 2017, 05:03 AM
MK Addict
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceWind
SSD1306 or SSD1106 can't recall exactly.
Had one breaking due to a bad cover and swapped by the one on the Ground Station RX5808 diversity module that is different.
aaahhh OK no problem
May 22, 2017, 10:29 AM
Wandering IT geek
Thanks for your efforts on this. Subscribed.

Quick Reply