Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 18, 2017, 06:54 PM
Help!

GPS not connected message

Recently bought the vector system from someone but I'm having problems with the GPS. It will only say "GPS not connected!" in the display. Same result on either bus connector, all connections good (and plugged into the correct socket on the vector unit), latest firmware. System will recognise if the module is not plugged in at all. At no point do I see an led light up on the gps module. The compass/magnetometer works fine and will calibrate as well. Disconnected everything and also did a factory reset. Seems everything works fine except for the GPS not connected message.

So, did I get screwed and bought a busted unit from someone? Any recourse other than dropping another $60 for a new GPS module?

Thanks in advance.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 03:19 AM
because rust never sleeps....
You dont say where you are, but one option is to get EagleTree to test it. This is only a viable option for those living in the US though as far as I can tell.
May 19, 2017, 05:44 AM
Having checked the tarriff, the price for repair of this unit is $50 (assuming it is not under warranty). You need to add the cost of tracked postal service both there and back too.

The other complicating factor is that the unit might be OK, there could be a fault in the bus cable or even in the Vector.

Best thing to do is to find someone else with Vector kit and see what happens when you plug someone else's GPS unit into your Vector.
May 19, 2017, 09:18 AM
I'm in Texas in the US. Price for repair is $50? Might as well just buy a new unit from them for $56 then.
May 19, 2017, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger2020
I'm in Texas in the US. Price for repair is $50? Might as well just buy a new unit from them for $56 then.
Assuming it is the unit that is faulty, yeah, it's the only sensible option.