How do I get control surfaces to move more? - glider is not very responsive. - RC Groups
May 18, 2017, 08:35 AM
Discussion

How do I get control surfaces to move more? - glider is not very responsive.

Maidened my AXN floater today and it took about 4 seconds after i moved the stick to actually move the plane. It looked like it didn't have a lot of throw in the flaps. The flaps only moved a bit maybe slightly under a centre. How do I get the flaps to move more? Servo horns are at rest in the middle of the servo. Before I flew it I didn't create a crease in the flaps, could the resistance from no crease be causing it?
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2017, 08:52 AM
Frequent Flyer
To increase control surface throw at the servo arm, move the link toward the outer end of the arm. At the control surface, increase throw by moving the link on the horn toward the control surface.

Also, check your radio to be sure all throws are properly centered and at least within a normal range. There should be very little resistance in the control linkages and in surface movement. Creasing the hinge might help free things up a bit more.
May 18, 2017, 02:11 PM
An itch?. Scratch build.
Pictures help
May 18, 2017, 02:27 PM
Most foam hinges need to be worked by hand to free them up before connecting hardware .
Also check that the servo is secured and not moving as it works.
May 18, 2017, 07:48 PM
Oh ok, thanks guys. that helps heaps