Revolution Kites at Joe Nall - RC Groups

Revolution Kites at Joe Nall

Check out what these Revolution Kites can do on the grounds at Joe Nall. It will blow your mind!

Splash

The Most Amazing Kite You've Ever Seen!

A few months ago I watched this amazing video of a guy flying a kite at the beach and he was playing with a kid. The kite would dive down and instantly stop upside down and fly back up playfully scaring the kid. The kid would chase the kite as it gracefully maneuvered itself out of reach and everyone had a smile watching it happen. It was a Revolution Kite and I've never seen anything like it before. Here's the video so you can see what I'm talking about:

So after watching that video I told my wife I'd like to have one of those and I've been thinking about it ever since. Well guess what, we show up to Joe Nall and I see one flying right by the hangar. I went up to talk to the guy to get a closer look and see how he liked it. Turns out, it was the Revolution guys, they are here at Joe Nall giving flight lessons and selling kites! I couldn't believe it, I got a quick lesson and said I'll take one. They are just too cool not to own. I've flown many kites over the years including 4 line traction kites and parafoils, but this is different. These are 4 line stunt kites that do the most amazing tricks I've ever seen. The kite can move in any direction and be controlled in an extremely precise manner, if you know what you are doing.

Knowing what you are doing is the key. It's not as simple as just going out on your first time and being a master level flyer. It's a lot like flying 3D airplanes, it takes practise to get the skills of an expert level and that's partly why it's so appealing to me. Revolution has this thing called Club 38. It's free and it allows you to go through 8 levels of skill with 38 moves. You get a pin for each new level you reach and it's a great way to get feedback on your skills and what you can do to improve them to master the moves and reach the next level. This means you are having fun, but there is also a carrot on the end of the stick and you have a purpose to your flights. I like that it's challenging and after watching these guys do what they do, I can't wait to start moving up the ranks and get close to that level of control. This thing is coming with me to every event I go to and when the winds are too high for flying R/C planes, I'll be busting out my Revolution kite, ok I'll probably fly it even when the winds aren't too high for R/C.

Check out the Revolution Kites online here.

May 18, 2017, 03:08 PM
Team Hitec, Sales
These guys are right around the corner from us and we will see them out testing out new designs or just having a ball on the occasion.
May 18, 2017, 09:23 PM
Sorcery... I want one o0
May 18, 2017, 10:56 PM
RCG Staff
I can't wait to get mine out again! It's so much fun to fly!!!
May 19, 2017, 09:15 AM
KD9GTO
Ive got a Rev 1.5 and love it to death. Some of the low/no wind flying videos out there are unbelievable too!
May 19, 2017, 10:37 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I have been eyeballing them for some time, glad to see them getting some exposure to the RC guys.

Did they offer any show discounts?
I want one!
May 19, 2017, 11:36 AM
These kites are nothing new, had one 15 or 20 years ago, though made by a different company I'm sure. That said, they are still extremely cool and a lot of fun. Destroyed mine a long time ago, and if I was there I'd have bought one in a hot second, lol. I'll have to look them up. Believe it or not the first time I tried one it reminded me of control line flying a bit, except it was like trying to operate 2 handles at once.
May 21, 2017, 03:56 PM
I want one Daddy!
May 21, 2017, 06:57 PM
RCG Staff
So I got to fly mine a couple of times now and it is fun and challenging. I really want to work on getting fine control over the kite. I'm heading to the beach soon for vacation and I plan on getting a lot of time in flying this thing. Maybe I can move up several levels in Club 38 before heading back home. Either way, this is the coolest kite I've ever owned and I'm excited to get it out again.
May 21, 2017, 07:32 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
which one did you start with?
May 21, 2017, 07:48 PM
RCG Staff
They suggested the XX. It has the widest wind range.
May 21, 2017, 08:17 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
good to know, thanks!
May 24, 2017, 08:53 PM
RCG Staff
Winds are looking good the next few days!