May 18, 2017, 02:43 AM
Thread OP
Video

Mig 17 90mm EDF jet Max speed and sound test

This is it baby.
Just turn the volume on and enjoy

Mig 17 RC Lander 90mm EDF jet max speed and sound test (8 min 17 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 18, 2017, 10:36 AM
AKA Terry Till
You guys are fun to watch. If the airplane has flaps deploy them to 50% to slow it down
May 18, 2017, 02:33 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-racr
You guys are fun to watch. If the airplane has flaps deploy them to 50% to slow it down
Thanks Terry for watching. It does have flaps but I totally forgot to deploy them.
But maybe because of that and the wet grass the landing was perfect
If you like our way of filming RC world visit our channel somethimes.
There is always more. Oh yeah...
Greetings from Slovenia, Robert
May 18, 2017, 02:42 PM
AKA Terry Till
I have a Hawker Hunter and the flaps are quite effective in slowing the plane down. I say 50% flaps to get used to them first
May 18, 2017, 03:09 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-racr
I have a Hawker Hunter and the flaps are quite effective in slowing the plane down. I say 50% flaps to get used to them first
Hey Terry
I have used the flaps on the maiden flight ( check the video ) and they didnt slow down the
plane too much. I didnt even seen the diference in speed when I deployed them.
But hey, I will test them on the next flight and tell you.
I wont film this baby anymore because we film each plane two times
usualy, and then retire the baby or I fly with it alone in the evenings or on sundays.
So stay well Terry and see you soon. I have Viper 1.5m waiting for the maiden. Oh yeah...
Jun 01, 2017, 01:13 PM
Thread OP
Is there another MIG 17 owner here on the forum?
I would like to see one flying with retracts on.
Jun 01, 2017, 02:37 PM

why not post in the threads?

hi Robert, as much as I like some of your videos, especially that of the MiG-17 with the superb landing, I don't understand why you always want to open a new thread with one of your videos - there are plenty of threads on RC groups on the models you fly, not just the Vampire, the Zephyr etc, but also the Lander MiG-17 - might be better to post your videos in the respective threads if you want to get in contact with people flying those models and engage in conversations about mods etc

I usually use google, and type, e.g., "mig-17 rcgroups", found this for example
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Lander-MIG-17

the Zephyr thread is even easier to find
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Glider/page164

cheers from Austria, and keep up the good work!
Jun 02, 2017, 02:11 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mopetista
hi Robert, as much as I like some of your videos, especially that of the MiG-17 with the superb landing, I don't understand why you always want to open a new thread with one of your videos - there are plenty of threads on RC groups on the models you fly, not just the Vampire, the Zephyr etc, but also the Lander MiG-17 - might be better to post your videos in the respective threads if you want to get in contact with people flying those models and engage in conversations about mods etc

I usually use google, and type, e.g., "mig-17 rcgroups", found this for example
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-Lander-MIG-17

the Zephyr thread is even easier to find
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Glider/page164

cheers from Austria, and keep up the good work!
Thanks Mopetista for advice, Robert

Quick Reply