Thread Tools
May 24, 2017, 12:24 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSlots
I bet the DJI engineers worked like crazy to get it at 250g. Maybe they could offer a smaller battery which would get it to the weight limit.
I though that as well, but 15 min is a really useful flight time.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
May 24, 2017, 12:24 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
Phantom doesn't use occusync that I'm aware of, only Mavic.
Correct p4p use lb2.5 , 2.4 and 5.8 options. P4 and adv are pretty much lb2.
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
May 24, 2017, 12:26 PM
Critic at Large
craigiri's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSlots
I bet the DJI engineers worked like crazy to get it at 250g. Maybe they could offer a smaller battery which would get it to the weight limit.
n terms of weight, here is what our little scale read:
Weight – 344 grams with battery and prop guards (12.12 oz.)
305.4 grams with battery – no prop guards – (10.77 oz.)
Battery only – 95.8 grams (3.38 oz)

(hmm...something may not add up - will double check it today).
May 24, 2017, 12:28 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri
n terms of weight, here is what our little scale read:
Weight – 344 grams with battery and prop guards (12.12 oz.)
305.4 grams with battery – no prop guards – (10.77 oz.)
Battery only – 95.8 grams (3.38 oz)
You missed the bare craft, no battery weight, then we can determine how light a battery would be needed for a "lite" version.

Edit, you'd need a 45g battery to meet the 250, so maybe a 5min pack. I wouldn't go for that.
May 24, 2017, 12:28 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Wifi is not ocusynce and no the p4 does not use occusync !

This is a wifi based craft
So will the goggles work with the Spark now without a hard wired connection?
May 24, 2017, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
You missed the bare craft, no battery weight, then we can determine how light a battery would be needed for a "lite" version.
~41g So less than half current one, not going to happen.
May 24, 2017, 12:29 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Wifi is not ocusynce and no the p4 does not use occusync !

This is a wifi based craft
Sorry, I stand corrected on the P4.

How do they get 1.2 mile range on wifi?

How are the goggles going to work on wifi?
May 24, 2017, 12:30 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredsheldon
So will the goggles work with the Spark now?
After an update on the goggles
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
May 24, 2017, 12:30 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageSlots
Sorry, I stand corrected on the P4.

How do they get 1.2 mile range on wifi?

How are the goggles going to work on wifi?
It's called secret sauce ...Remeber people can go just as far if not further with a sport and it's wifi. Goggles will work after an update. Just remember range on a smart device is limited to 80m.. so around 200-240 feet.
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
May 24, 2017, 12:31 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Correct p4p use lb2.5 , 2.4 and 5.8 options. P4 and adv are pretty much lb2.
So, interesting, an update will come for the goggles that would allow reception of this dual band wifi? Wonder what range will be?
May 24, 2017, 12:33 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
blade strike's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
So, interesting, an update will come for the goggles that would allow reception of this dual band wifi? Wonder what range will be?
It's dual band but only one band active at a time. Goggles will use the 2.4 side of things.
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
May 24, 2017, 12:34 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
It's called secret sauce ... Goggles will work after an update. Just remember range on a smart device is limited to 80m.. so around 200-240 feet.
Does that mean the goggles might work with other wifi-based units after the upgrade?
May 24, 2017, 12:35 PM
Not going to walk that one off
Mad_angler1's Avatar

Official DJI Spark Owner's Thread


Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
So, interesting, an update will come for the goggles that would allow reception of this dual band wifi? Wonder what range will be?


The thing with Ocusync is it is wifi based hw basically so it's really only a sw change to make it work with traditional Wifi, it's a very interesting system they created because it looks and behaves like LB but with out the specific HW.

I almost think it outperformed there expectations tbh as it's as good imo.
Latest blog entry: DJI 5.5" Crystalsky Monitor...
May 24, 2017, 12:36 PM
Tweaker
RemE's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by flitelab
~41g So less than half current one, not going to happen.
And, since DJI spec'd flight times are always optimistic, I assume the Spark probably only has a real-world duration closer to 10-12min and less with the guards on.
May 24, 2017, 12:37 PM
Registered User
Hello Mods. Can we merge the two owners threads please?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion It's worth buying the DJI Mavic now, or wait the 24th May DJI event? entrhopy92 Multirotor Drone Talk 13 May 12, 2017 03:05 PM
Contest MOVED AGAIN!!! SVSS ALES Saturday May 24th & Sunday May 25th awilmunder Electric Competition Soaring-F5J/ALES/e-Soaring 6 May 02, 2014 11:46 PM
Alert Memorial Day 2008 FICO Saturday May 24th pcphill Atlanta Area RC 109 May 29, 2008 12:16 PM
Discussion X5J eXtreme May 24th&25thth Sign-up Robert Burson Electric Sailplanes 44 May 28, 2008 04:01 PM
Contest SCSR May 24th F3F EVENT CANCELLED!!!! Brandon Multi Task F3X 33 May 23, 2008 06:50 PM