Jun 19, 2017, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telrin
Better to unfold them, not fatal if you forget.
Thanks so I guess they don't have to be perfectly straight but at least folded out so they aren't covering one another.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2017, 06:13 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwe123
Thanks so I guess they don't have to be perfectly straight but at least folded out so they aren't covering one another.
Centrifugal force is very high in these props, they straighten out instantly once they spin up.
Jun 19, 2017, 06:14 PM
Critic at Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwe123
With the mavic and now the Spark my experience has been that the props have never failed to open when they start - no matter what the position. This is something, IMHO, that you don't usually have to worry about.

If, for some strange reason, something was wrong - the Spark would likely not take off or throw off various errors instantly.
Jun 19, 2017, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike
Yes ignore the geo update, this is what contains the new classifications..
Blade, are the restrictions a function of the Go app or the crafts FW? There seems to be confusion over the matter, and I would rather get it from the source that continue to speculate.
Jun 19, 2017, 06:54 PM
Valiant Poultry
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronewell
Blade, are the restrictions a function of the Go app or the crafts FW? There seems to be confusion over the matter, and I would rather get it from the source that continue to speculate.
What are the restrictions? I don't have a Mavic so I'm unfamiliar with what the update did.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:16 PM

OTG Connection between R/C and Mobile

Blade,

The line connection using the OTG cable between R/C and my IPhone 7 can reduce the wifi lag tremendously.
One more bonus is no more wifi searching to connect the R/C is needed as well.

Hope we can have that cable connection forever.

Alan
Jun 19, 2017, 07:19 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by dronewell
There's no new restrictions, it's just certain areas have been classified differently. To check the current classification just check the geo map on the website . We are still checking if these were made in error... it's honestly affected maybe 3% of geo users.
Latest blog entry: QUICK TIPS - Spark
Jun 19, 2017, 07:22 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Chan
Blade,

The line connection using the OTG cable between R/C and my IPhone 7 can reduce the wifi lag tremendously.
One more bonus is no more wifi searching to connect the R/C is needed as well.

Hope we can have that cable connection forever.

Alan
It can be killed by apple at any time since these are not mfi approved devices.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:29 PM
Yes. You may be right.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:32 PM
Phantom 3P, Inspire 1, P4
Came across this one.

DJI Spark Max Distance Test Flight with Controller (8 min 31 sec)
Jun 19, 2017, 07:33 PM
In "my" experience thus far, GEO has NOT been an issue at all. I'm within range of a small airport (which actually has our RC club on it), and I get a yellow warning stating unpaved airport nearby fly with caution... It has not been invasive at all and I have yet to have any problems while traveling.

Not trying to downplay issues others may be having, but I have to agree, its likely impacting a very small % of users and seems to be getting blown out of proportion.
Jun 19, 2017, 07:45 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
It can be killed by apple at any time since these are not mfi approved devices.
?? Does this mean that only the Spark isn't approved but that the other DJI birds are? or that none are and all could be killed?
Jun 19, 2017, 07:52 PM
Quote:
There's no new restrictions, it's just certain areas have been classified differently. To check the current classification just check the geo map on the website . We are still checking if these were made in error... it's honestly affected maybe 3% of geo users.
Are both 4.1.0 and 4.1.2 impacted by the revised classification?
Jun 19, 2017, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Anyone that is having RC connectivity issues with a iPhone 7plus please try turning BT off . Other mobile devices should be ok with BT on.

Thank you so much Blade! This cleared up all the issues I was having with horrible video signal, a few disconnect and return home issues do to connection breakage. Range increased substantially from what I was getting while Bluetooth was turned on. I'm on an iPhone 7 Plus for others that might be having issues.
Jun 19, 2017, 08:26 PM
DJI Testing / US Support
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
?? Does this mean that only the Spark isn't approved but that the other DJI birds are? or that none are and all could be killed?
RemE, we are talking about OTG connection methods...