Jun 15, 2017, 12:59 PM
I am getting to like more & more his reviews.... (Spark+remote)
DJI Spark w/ Remote Controller — Sport Mode is Ludicrous! [4K] (6 min 54 sec)

EDIT: no head tracking with Dji Goggles (end of vid)
Last edited by Matt_V939; Jun 15, 2017 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Head tracking
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2017, 01:44 PM
wps
wps
I bragged too soon about getting my combo early. Email from Newegg on the 11th said it would ship on the 12th, it didn't and then that it would ship in 1-2 days which it also didn't. The pending charge on my CC has now gone as it has been over 72 hours and it did not convert to a charge. Contacted Newegg and as all their DJI orders ship directly from DJI they have no additional information. I've heard from others that if the CC isn't charged while in the pending mode, the order may have to be redone to get charge authorization again which puts me at the back of the line. Hope that isn't true
Jun 15, 2017, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wps
I bragged too soon about getting my combo early. Email from Newegg on the 11th said it would ship on the 12th, it didn't and then that it would ship in 1-2 days which it also didn't. The pending charge on my CC has now gone as it has been over 72 hours and it did not convert to a charge. Contacted Newegg and as all their DJI orders ship directly from DJI they have no additional information. I've heard from others that if the CC isn't charged while in the pending mode, the order may have to be redone to get charge authorization again which puts me at the back of the line. Hope that isn't true
Exactly what happened with me, and yeah - DJI said I'd have to place a new order with a delivery expected in August. 😡
Jun 15, 2017, 02:13 PM
My white combo just arrived! Son getting married Saturday, perfect timing!
Jun 15, 2017, 02:42 PM
Valiant Poultry
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE
My Spark will arrive next week, regarding Refresh, I don't think that it's fair for DJI to start the clock before the product arrives.

The clock should start when the model is activated don't you think?

"The service is valid for 12 months, starting on 2017/06/17 and ending on 2018/06/16."

Oh, and if I'm not happy with this and want to cancel this coverage, I would have to send back this model and buy another, wow.

"DJI Care Refresh can be cancelled upon return of the product purchased, according to DJI’s refund and return policies. DJI Care Refresh cannot be cancelled without returning the aircraft purchased. "
Yeah, that's a little bit on the "What??!!!" side of things.

What if someone ordered as a gift for someone and it wasn't even going to be open for several more weeks? You could essentially lose a whole month of your protection.

Can DJI Care Refresh be purchased if you bought the product at a retailer? Like, after the purchase of the drone itself?
Jun 15, 2017, 02:46 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity
Yeah, that's a little bit on the "What??!!!" side of things.

What if someone ordered as a gift for someone and it wasn't even going to be open for several more weeks? You could essentially lose a whole month of your protection.

Can DJI Care Refresh be purchased if you bought the product at a retailer? Like, after the purchase of the drone itself?
Yes, you can buy coverage within a short period of activating. Honestly I bought it up front, just assuming that it became active when you registered the model on-line.
Jun 15, 2017, 02:50 PM
Valiant Poultry
Quote:
Yes, you can buy coverage within a short period of activating. Honestly I bought it up front, just assuming that it became active when you registered the model on-line.

Wow, so if you can purchase it later then I don't understand why they'd activate it themselves. I bought it up front as well, but now I wish I hadn't.

It doesn't really matter for me...I'm a couple hours away from canceling my order through DJI and just getting one from another retailer. I bought mine under the impression it would be shipped by today, as that's what it said when I purchased, and I still just see "Authorized" on my account. Pretty disappointed, really.
Jun 15, 2017, 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimpdiggity
Wow, so if you can purchase it later then I don't understand why they'd activate it themselves. I bought it up front as well, but now I wish I hadn't.

It doesn't really matter for me...I'm a couple hours away from canceling my order through DJI and just getting one from another retailer. I bought mine under the impression it would be shipped by today, as that's what it said when I purchased, and I still just see "Authorized" on my account. Pretty disappointed, really.
I did this myself as I got the drone way ahead of schedule and even the shop didn't have the care refresh codes. So I opened up the spark and purchased the refresh through DJI and it started from when I paid for it. Much better than any other alternative.
Jun 15, 2017, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nike25
My white combo just arrived! Son getting married Saturday, perfect timing!
Lucky man! While I have the basic spark, I think we are all jealous of people getting the flymore already!
Jun 15, 2017, 04:47 PM
PP-ASEL
Spark will not show aircraft network.. Spark fly more package delivered a cpl hours ago...

I own 3 Phantom 3 Pro's, so not a newbie. Hoping someone can help me out before I RMA my Spark.

I have an iPad Pro and an Android One Plus 3, and have tried the following sequences on both.

Downloaded DJI Go4 app on both devices.

Turned off bluetooth and wifi on OP3, only way to get app to allow qr scan code. I tried both aircraft and foam box qr code. It scans to register.

I get through the screens to activate, put in email addy, turn aircraft on, (yes battery is fully charged), app says aircraft registered, and I get to screen where it says activate aircraft by connecting.

then turn on wifi, and it cannot find Spark network ssid.

Controller is off as well.

iPad also will not find spark network, either by scanning or by manually entering ssid.

Anyone have any ideas. Just delivered today.

I also watched the video tutorials and followed those instructions to a tee...

Thanks,
Joseph
Jun 15, 2017, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar5
Spark will not show aircraft network.. Spark fly more package delivered a cpl hours ago...

I own 3 Phantom 3 Pro's, so not a newbie. Hoping someone can help me out before I RMA my Spark.

I have an iPad Pro and an Android One Plus 3, and have tried the following sequences on both.

Downloaded DJI Go4 app on both devices.

Turned off bluetooth and wifi on OP3, only way to get app to allow qr scan code. I tried both aircraft and foam box qr code. It scans to register.

I get through the screens to activate, put in email addy, turn aircraft on, (yes battery is fully charged), app says aircraft registered, and I get to screen where it says activate aircraft by connecting.

then turn on wifi, and it cannot find Spark network ssid.

Controller is off as well.

iPad also will not find spark network, either by scanning or by manually entering ssid.

Anyone have any ideas. Just delivered today.

I also watched the video tutorials and followed those instructions to a tee...

Thanks,
Joseph
Turn on spark, hold down battery button for 6 seconds till double beep. Connect with phone. 😉
Jun 15, 2017, 05:00 PM
PP-ASEL
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCBrent
Turn on spark, hold down battery button for 6 seconds till double beep. Connect with phone. 😉

Ha.... That did it, maybe put that in the video... Thank you.... :-) Brilliant...
Jun 15, 2017, 05:10 PM
Tweaker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonar5
Ha.... That did it, maybe put that in the video... Thank you.... :-) Brilliant...
Great idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=s0f4ejBlYeM
Jun 15, 2017, 05:36 PM
Quote:
That's the video I got the info from. I don't have the flymore yet, just the flyless.
Jun 15, 2017, 05:37 PM
Quote:
I notice too that while in sport mode, the roll is locked on the gimbal. Nice touch! Immediate feedback on your roll angle. Be much harder if they kept it stabilised.

Quick Reply