5-13-17 - RC Groups
This thread is privately moderated by mfwilliams, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 17, 2017, 01:17 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Discussion

5-13-17

My step son’s graduation was this last Saturday in Miami Beach. So my wife and I headed down to South Florida that weekend. Saturday morning, before the graduation, I snuck out for a few hours to fly with my old club members on the “hill”.
It was great to see the old guys. A small group turned up for flying on the SE Bowl. The wind was a steady 10-15mph out of the South with some strong gusts. There was no problem catching slope or thermal lift. I saw Larry S speck out his Olympic II several times. Since I had arrived empty handed (no planes), I had multiple offers to catch some stick time. Mike Naylor let me have time on his Weasel Trek. Mark Atzel lent me his HK Ridge Rider. Finally, I tried out Amadeo’s Gulp 48”.
Thankfully, all the planes were returned in good shape. I was worried that I was getting a little rusty with my slope flying. Unfortunately, Ben and Larry weren’t as lucky. Ben’s Filip and Larry’s Olympic met half way down the slope and it wasn’t pretty.
While there, I got to see a couple new planes on their maiden flights. Amadeo got his Gizmo 36 flying. It looked pretty good and fast on it’s trim flights. Tom tested his Windrider Bat 2 using 3, 2 and 1 vertical fins. Tom and I had both ordered Bat 2’s from Ming and he had gotten his flying first (mine is still in the box). Tom had also set his Bat up with 2 elevons and one elevator. He hopes to setup a crow configuration. The Bat 2 was pretty fast, but Tom is still working out CG and best vertical fin configuration.
We finished off the day about 1:50pm and headed over to La Pizzera for lunch.
The crew hurried through lunch, said our goodbyes and I zipped back to Pembroke Pines to get ready for Saturday night’s graduation dinner.
So long Pompano Hill
It was great to be back guys!
Mike W
to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2017, 11:01 AM
Super Spook
it was nice to have our president back at least just for this day.
It was great to see you Mike.
May 18, 2017, 06:01 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Sorry I could not make it up that day, hope to see the top of the hill soon.
Jun 10, 2017, 09:50 AM
Pompano Hill Flyers
Hi Mike,

I didn't even know you were coming, I have been busy moving into a new apartment in Deerfield, a little bit closer to the hill. Well sorry I missed you, would have been good to see you again, maybe next time.

Kit