May 19, 2017, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukejet
Doing some great modeling Adam.
Thanks Duke it's much appreciated. I think I'm getting a bit better, but still a long way to go though! However I really enjoy the building (not the cutting bits out) so even if I were never to improve it wouldn't really put me off!

Top wing.

Edit: And this is what I have so far (I will be taping the white edges). More tomorrow, for now some nice refreshing beer!
Last edited by scorchythebear; May 19, 2017 at 07:15 PM.
to remove ads between posts
May 19, 2017, 06:25 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Fantastic Adam .. now I know where you got the colour scheme from ... UHU

Lockey
May 19, 2017, 06:47 PM
Not intentional but yep it's definitely a UHU plane. Come on guys, they need all the support they can get

I quite like the UHU, it's relatively cheap in the UK. Used properly as a contact adhesive, there's not much room for adjustment, but if it's wet and you smoosh the part around a bit before settling it in its final position it works really well.

This build has no hot glue so far and only a tiny bit of epoxy. So no finger melting or anything!
May 19, 2017, 07:39 PM
I quite like UHU too Adam, but love the Foam-Tac from the USA although its a bit expensive and not easy to get as customs sometimes stop it (flammable material) it sets quicker than UHU too

I think I might know where you got the colour scheme from though .. I MUST get round to finishing the "real" Beechcraft D17S Staggerwing one day .. AND ... there are lots of options for colour schemes with this one

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; May 19, 2017 at 07:51 PM.
May 19, 2017, 09:18 PM
When cows fly!
Is the SQL Cookbook anything like SQL for Dummies??? Nope, I haven't read that on either
May 20, 2017, 04:43 AM
I must confess David the SQL Cookbook is in near perfect condition, almost as if its never been read......

Foam-tac is good stuff, but it's 7.99 for 59.15ml and I can get two 50ml UHUs for the same price so I thought I'd give it a whirl.

That beechcraft is a nice looking aircraft
May 20, 2017, 05:04 AM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
+1.... Beechcraft is very nice.
Very similar fuse to the Pitbull
May 20, 2017, 11:08 AM
Bit off topic but I keep meaning to take a photo of these things but keep forgetting, but I remembered this time!

A fella, an antique dealer I think, rents one of the old farm buildings and one day he had this lot delivered. I don't know what they are from but he is slowly dismantling them for some mysterious purpose. Perhaps I should nick a couple, build something a bit larger scale
May 20, 2017, 11:22 AM
Man ... they are big EDFs you'll need big batteries for them

Lockey
May 20, 2017, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockey
Man ... they are big EDFs you'll need big batteries for them

Lockey
Are you saying that my 2200mah 4s won't be quite enough?

I have done more and I've changed the graphics so they are much more 'sucky uppy' Tonight I'll be attaching the wings and finishing up!
May 20, 2017, 04:56 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Now your getting fancy!!
May 20, 2017, 06:35 PM
When cows fly!
I am so glad you stopped sucking up!!!! Does look good though
May 20, 2017, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer146
I am so glad you stopped sucking up!!!! Does look good though
The importance of sucking up isn't to be underestimated

Sadly not much more happened this evening. A friend turned up with ale and we accidentally drank it all! I don't even like beer (I really like beer).

I should finish it tomorrow, although a maiden is doubtful as the weather is shite. I'd like to minimise the chances of tree hitting this time
May 20, 2017, 08:52 PM
Looking fantazmagorical Adam, love the new decals ... and ... yes I think the sucking up is working

Now when you do the maiden, please try and avoid the foam grabbing trees

No mate, I don't think the 2200mah 4s are going to work and I think a slightly bigger than a 60a ESC too .. mind you, they would probably have plenty of thrust

Lockey
May 20, 2017, 10:14 PM
When cows fly!
Adam! Stop sucking up to that guy! It is not like he has spent countless hours designing and flying his own planes and then sharing them with us.....Oh! Wait! Never mind