to remove ads between posts
May 17, 2017, 08:34 PM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Looking good Adam ... love you helper, he seems to help with everything including the take offs (is it a he or a she ?)

Lockey
May 17, 2017, 09:55 PM
Careful,.. confident,.. CRASH!
Looking good Adam! .... the dog is actually saying..." Dad will you let me bite this one?"

May 18, 2017, 05:48 AM
Looking bloody good Adam .. love your humorous comments

Lockey
May 18, 2017, 07:05 AM
Seems to be coming along nicely

Just a couple of minor things you might like to take a look at prior to releasing the plans.

The front doubler is a bit on the big side.

The elevator has one side curved when the other is angular. I only noticed this as I was cutting out the curve, went to do the other side and it was straight

Pictures explain better

Everything else is perfect so far
May 18, 2017, 09:20 AM
When cows fly!
Adam, The curved side of the elevator is some type of mysterious Aussy anti-torque device. How it actually works, I am not sure....maybe Lockey can explain
May 18, 2017, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpalmer146
Adam, The curved side of the elevator is some type of mysterious Aussy anti-torque device. How it actually works, I am not sure....maybe Lockey can explain
You might be on to something there David!

This evening I have been applying packing tape to the fuselage. I'm stealing the colour scheme off of some other, less famous Staggerwing biplane...

I did try to make the little birdy speed stripey thing but it was too fiddly!
Last edited by scorchythebear; May 18, 2017 at 04:07 PM.
May 18, 2017, 04:05 PM
She's coming up real nice!
May 18, 2017, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Yes David that was my secret anti-torque device ... that secret that even I don't know

Looking good Adam ... you see, you did manage to use some green

By the way, (not a criticism) but the bit of the fuselage at the back of the wing should have also been chamfered as well .. not that is seemed to matter a lot (see pic)

The front former was too big ... not sure what happened there, but the 2 things have now been changed ... thanks for the heads up mate

Lockey
May 19, 2017, 01:14 AM
Quote:
By the way, (not a criticism) but the bit of the fuselage at the back of the wing should have also been chamfered as well .. not that is seemed to matter a lot (see pic)
Makes sense. A bit more elegant than just shoving it in there

Wings and other bits tonight!
May 19, 2017, 09:07 AM
When cows fly!
Can't wait to see this bird in the air! Keep up the great work Adam, also get well....but get the plane done first
May 19, 2017, 02:05 PM
Feeling much better David. Almost well enough to climb a tree...

More things...
May 19, 2017, 03:34 PM
Doing some great modeling Adam.