Thread Tools
Sep 10, 2020, 03:08 AM
FlyingRock
C.Young's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crist Rigotti
Does anybody know the wing area of this airplane?

Thanks.
~35 dm2
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Sep 10, 2020, 03:45 PM
First to go over 106K feet
Crist Rigotti's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.Young
~35 dm2
Thank you!
Sep 25, 2020, 04:31 AM
Registered User

Wing Area/ Wing Loading ?


For the weight about 1300g w battery, 35dm, so the wing loading ~ 37.1g/dm2...
Sep 30, 2020, 07:03 PM
Northwestern USA
XionUAV's Avatar
Haven't got my 1600 setup for FPV yet but it's a great plane to fly. One of the few top motor versions I haven't converted to twins because of annoying pitching with throttle changes. Carbon fiber motor mount, 2814 1500 KV motor, 7x6 prop, 3000 mAh 4S. Also replaced the short aluminum wing spar with a longer doubled-up carbon fiber spar. Just a very enjoyable plane to fly.
Oct 13, 2020, 01:42 PM
Registered User
ceci1's Avatar
Here is my handsome Volantex Ranger 2000 V757-8 2000mm in all its glory. Another flight of mine with him. Implemented near the Central Balkan Park - Bulgaria (Europe)

Vrabevo 06 09 20 (18 min 13 sec)
Oct 19, 2020, 01:51 PM
Registered User
do you mean that 8x8 is better for launch ?
Oct 28, 2020, 01:27 AM
Registered User
So Banggood has this plane in both kit and PNP form in the EU. Just brainstorming... I have the 1600, which is a bit overpowered. It's OK to fly, but I feel it really needs flaps. Hence my wish to have the 2000. So my question is, if I were to get the 2000(I guess it makes the most sense to get the kit, since I actually do have the original power system from the 1600, plus plenty of servos..., and various other motos and ESCs..), what would be a good 4S power setup for longer flight times? I need to stay 4S since that is what I have..., in various sizes from 1300 on up to 3700s, and multiples of each.. Would it work to just put in a bigger ESC? What I want is basically something to blast up into the wind and "park" it and fart around.. LOS. My 1600 is too heavy for that really, so I need to keep it light. And I'd like realistic 20 minute flight times. Is that possible? I'm at like 7-8 minutes on my 1600... Screams in a straight line and climbs like a boss though... Thanks..
Oct 29, 2020, 06:46 AM
Registered User
ceci1's Avatar
Hello, Adcam8 and Herrsavage. Sorry for the bad English. I bought this model KIT version and was pleasantly surprised by the design form and the space it provides for any equipment. The body of this version is made of plastic (quite resistant to crash). The only thing I didn't like about this glider was the push screw. I don't like models with a push screw. I converted it to 2 motors with one traction motor in the half-wing. I laminated the wings and stabilizers with laminate foil, thus achieving a tight and strong appearance of the foam. I used the following equipment:

Equipment:
Model - Volantex Ranger 2000 V757-8 2000mm
engine - Racerstar BR2830 1300KV X2
propeller 8x4
ESC 30A X 2
Battery 4S - 5200ma
Flight controller Omnibus F4 Pro
telemetry 433mhz + dipole antenna
LoRa SX1278 SX1276 433MHz rf Module Transmitter Receiver
Tx video 0.8W + weather antenna2
Video camera: mobile
gps - neo6
tx - 433Mhz
LoRa SX1278 SX1276 433MHz rf Module Transmitter Receiver
Tracker: TK102B ....
The resulting configuration is easy and fast to gain and is light and stable when planning. I focused on less power and more flight time at top speed. The configuration made in this way allows a 20+ minute flight with a 5200 mAh battery. The video shows that a little over 3100 mAh of energy was consumed in almost 20 minutes. The blades are 8X4 and are equipped with motors.
Oct 30, 2020, 12:04 PM
Registered User
Jack Reacher's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herrsavage
So Banggood has this plane in both kit and PNP form in the EU. Just brainstorming... I have the 1600, which is a bit overpowered. It's OK to fly, but I feel it really needs flaps. Hence my wish to have the 2000. So my question is, if I were to get the 2000(I guess it makes the most sense to get the kit, since I actually do have the original power system from the 1600, plus plenty of servos..., and various other motos and ESCs..), what would be a good 4S power setup for longer flight times? I need to stay 4S since that is what I have..., in various sizes from 1300 on up to 3700s, and multiples of each.. Would it work to just put in a bigger ESC? What I want is basically something to blast up into the wind and "park" it and fart around.. LOS. My 1600 is too heavy for that really, so I need to keep it light. And I'd like realistic 20 minute flight times. Is that possible? I'm at like 7-8 minutes on my 1600... Screams in a straight line and climbs like a boss though... Thanks..
Wow, i feel i have answered this question for you a few times, so this will be the last time i do this.........lets start with the 1600, it does not need flaps, however you could cut some in, or as suggested a few times set up flaperons, i fly my 1600 on 3s 3000mah or a pair of 3s 2200mah with sunnysky x2212 1400kv motor and 8x5 prop, i get about 30-40 mins hooning about with a lot of high throttle, i can near spot land it these days.

Now the 2000, my advice is just pull the trigger and buy the kit, you have an itch so scratch it, put metal gear servo`s in, my guess if you used a sunnysky x2216 1250kv with stock 30 amp esc and 8x6 prop with 4s 3700mah you would get 40-50 mins per pack flying slow, i hope this helps, and i hope to see a build for the 2000 on here soon from your good self
Oct 30, 2020, 12:15 PM
Registered User
Well I don’t know if you have paid attention to my set up, which is a lot heavier than some little 2216 motor for 3S or whatever. My 1600 is heavy. It does not stay up very well. I fly at a big open field which is usually very windy and I like my powerful set up for doing full on power climbs, but then I want to be able to chop throttle and park in the wind. Without flaps though it pretty much just drops.. I don’t know how to set up flaperons to be honest, so I am unsure if it is worth it to go figure it out..

Plus just a bigger wing I would think would give it more lift by itself. Flaps would just make it even better for doing what I want to do with it.

I bought that Sunnysky Motor BTW, so have it laying around somewhere. I’ve just kind of hesitated, worried it will lack the kind of power I like and am used to.. So my plane doesn’t float in the wind or have the flight times I would like, but it is set up perfectly and does Fly reasonably well enough. So before messing with it and changing the set up too much I want to be sure that it will be worth the effort. I should note though that this plane is not a big priority in my hangar. I have lots of planes and I’m really more into speed than floating around....
Last edited by Herrsavage; Oct 30, 2020 at 12:21 PM.
Nov 03, 2020, 02:53 AM
Registered User
I'm almost done with a full refit of my 2000. I'm keeping the power system with SS 2216 and a Gecko 45A esc as its pretty bulletproof with a good clean bec, but Vector is gone and SN-L is fitted with ASI pitot out on the left wing. Ive gone from 433 to 2.4gHz lrs to help on group flights, I fitted a RC phoenix2 cam with an onboard DVR.
It may get a 1.2 vtx, I just need to decide, I have plenty of options there with a few AKK high power transmitters or a 200, 400 or 600mW 1.2vtx. Range is going to be limited to 10km for it's intended use, so pretty much anything will do, probably best to just use the lowest consumption transmitter.
Wing lamination happens soon, once I decide which vtx to bury on the right wing.
I upgraded the servo's to KST Daviga's (drop in size wise) and upgraded the servo cabling over stock.
I'm looking forward to getting this plane back in the air for more dedicated soaring.
I'm keeping the 10Ah 3S4P 16650 packs as they last for hours and I have three made up.
Nov 08, 2020, 04:45 PM
Registered User

How to hand launch it (on stock PNP setup - 3s) ?


Just got one PNP at a good price.
After watching various videos on Youtube it seems that it's not easy to hand launch it.
Some reviewers like Andrew Newton mention launching it at 50% throttle but they have a custom setup (4s instead of 3s, custom motor, propeller, etc.).
I have the stock PNP setup.
Any advice on the launch setup, like:
-what throttle ?
-flaps or down elevator ?
-anything else to look for ?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Nov 08, 2020, 04:51 PM
Safe landings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylowfast
Just got one PNP at a good price.

After watching various videos on Youtube it seems that it's not easy to hand launch it.

Some reviewers like Andrew Newton mention launching it at 50% throttle but they have a custom setup (4s instead of 3s, custom motor, propeller, etc.).

I have the stock PNP setup.

Any advice on the launch setup, like:

-what throttle ?

-flaps or down elevator ?

-anything else to look for ?

Any advice will be appreciated.
It's an easy plane to launch. 60-75% throttle, and you want up elevator(probably 15-20%) not down. Flaps will help somewhat but if you aren't familiar with them then I would advise not using them for a maiden.

Make sure the wind is blowing at the nose of the plane when you throw it. This increases the wind speed across the wings which makes more lift.
Nov 11, 2020, 11:41 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Goast
It's an easy plane to launch. 60-75% throttle, and you want up elevator(probably 15-20%) not down. Flaps will help somewhat but if you aren't familiar with them then I would advise not using them for a maiden.

Make sure the wind is blowing at the nose of the plane when you throw it. This increases the wind speed across the wings which makes more lift.
Thanks Space Goast.
Do you have the stock PNP setup?
When you say 15-20%, do you assume that the range of control is from
-100% to 100%
or from
0% to 100%
?
On my transmitter, it's from -100% to 100%.

Also, do you have or can point me to a Youtube video that show a good hand launch with the stock (PNP) setup ?
Nov 11, 2020, 07:06 PM
Safe landings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flylowfast
Thanks Space Goast.

Do you have the stock PNP setup?

When you say 15-20%, do you assume that the range of control is from

-100% to 100%

or from

0% to 100%

?

On my transmitter, it's from -100% to 100%.



Also, do you have or can point me to a Youtube video that show a good hand launch with the stock (PNP) setup ?
You're overthinking it. It's a basic high wing trainer type fpv plane, it's about as easy as you can hope for. You aren't going to sit there and hold your finger perfectly between 15-20% while throwing. Just put the throttle to 60-70%, toss it hard with the wind coming at the nose, and pull back on the elevator until it starts gaining altitude. Get a couple hundred feet altitude and trim it out. A lot of new people like to stay close to the ground but then any mistake and you hit the ground. Many pilots say fly 2 to 3 mistakes high.

Too much throttle like 100% can potentially make it nose down, that's why you stick with a lower value.

If you've never flown at all then I highly recommend a sim just to get used to what the control inputs do.


Quick Reply
Message:

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Volantex Ranger 1600 V757-7 1600mm Wingspan EPO KIT/PNP D Gains FPV Aircraft 636 Sep 16, 2020 08:44 AM
New Product Volantex RC V757-6 Ranger G2 1200mm Wingspan EPO KIT/PNP D Gains FPV Aircraft 203 Sep 01, 2020 11:04 PM
New Product Volantex RC V757-6 Ranger G2 1200mm Wingspan RC FPV Airplane BG Tobey FPV Aircraft 20 Aug 22, 2018 10:48 PM
Discussion Volantex RC Ranger 757-4 FPV Unbox and Initial Observations Oatmeal Savage FPV Aircraft 0 Dec 20, 2015 01:48 AM
New Product Volantex Ranger 757-4 FPV 1380mm Wingspan EPO RC Airplane KIT Whitehouse Electric Plane Talk 0 Jul 07, 2015 09:44 PM