Oct 25, 2004, 04:18 PM
Boss248
Boss248
Real nice job there Bob...I have a bunch of that pink Owens Corning foam that I did not use because I thought it a bit soft...do you like the foam??

Bob...what did the AUW end up at..do you know.??

Boss
Last edited by Boss248; Oct 25, 2004 at 04:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 25, 2004, 09:53 PM
www.rcfoam.com
Thread OP
Hey Boss thanks for the comment. I agree with you that the pink stuff is a bit soft but its all I have available to me untill I can save up some $ for some depron. I found that even after the Cf reinforcement I have to use tape to strengthen the structure because there is no film on the pink stuff like on the bluecore. After all that its seems to be strong enough for my likeing. As for the weight... I don't have anything to weigh it with but my guess would be around 14 to 15 oz. A little heavy but w/e, I just want to fly.
Oct 28, 2004, 10:28 PM

finished

Here are my pictures of my Turbo Raven finished.
My setup is:
Axi 2212/20 Brushless
Phoenix 25
4 Hitec 55
Berg 5 ch Rx
Etec 3s1p 1200 mAh 10 C

Raven1
Raven2
Raven3

Crashed my maiden flight because my rates were too high and C.G. was off. So after some adjustments it flew like a ace. Thanks to Levi for the cool plane. Some Flying pics are on the way after this weekend.
Oct 29, 2004, 05:23 AM
www.rcfoam.com
Thread OP
Wow T_MECO! that looks awsome! Great job on the paint job, it looks so much better than my pink foam. By the way I'm glad to hear it flies well and I was wondering, where did you finaly end up putting the cg? Thanks
-Sean-
Oct 29, 2004, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsean
Wow T_MECO! that looks awsome! Great job on the paint job, it looks so much better than my pink foam. By the way I'm glad to hear it flies well and I was wondering, where did you finaly end up putting the cg? Thanks
-Sean-
Thanks, the cg is really close to where it was suggested by the schematic. But I'll measure it tonight. The only changes I have made from the original directions is that I used a push/pull rods to control the aerosurfaces. (as opposed to the pull/pull) If you look close you can see where I had to repair some of the crash spots.
Oct 29, 2004, 02:39 PM
Hey Sean,
Nice looking airplane. I just got home from school, man Im tired, really dont wan't to build; but that plane looks very nice. Makes me want to clean by table and build something.

A little off topic.
I havent been out to the field in 4 weeks of so becasue of paintball. I have stripped all of my planes of their gear. I might be out there on sat/sunday if I build and airplane by then.
I'll try and build something nice, so I wont be tempted to combat, ha ha.

Peace,
Vova
Oct 29, 2004, 03:45 PM
www.rcfoam.com
Thread OP
hey man sounds good, I played a little of pb last week its so addicting! I might be out some time this weekand but don't count on it. More like tuesday when were out of school, cuase im almost done with my 47" Yak!!! its goin to be sweet. Im tellin you, im so tierd of building. Its all i have done for like the last 3 weeks and im ready to just fly and sit back and chill. Anyways later dude...
-Sean-
Oct 29, 2004, 04:01 PM
Addicting and expensive. It been sucking my wallet dry.

Quick Reply