Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Oct 19, 2004, 08:31 PM
www.rcfoam.com

3dfoamy.com Turbo Raven build

Hey everyone, I just wore out my latest 3DX the other day combating with a friend, so I decided to start another plane. I have never built one of the planes off of 3dfoamy.com before so i have no idea how they will fly, but based on the quality of the free plans I'm already impressed. Tonight I cut out all the parts after printing the tiled version of the turbo raven plans. Then I test fitted the parts, glued in the spars, and added the wings and tail.
Currently I plan on using an AXI 2212/26 on a 3s1p 1320mah li-poly pack with a 11/4.7 prop. Hopefully this will be enough power to play with. Has anyone flown this plane before? just wondering what kind of performance they got out of it. Anyways here are a few pictures of the progress so far...

excuess the pink... lol

-Sean-
to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2004, 12:42 AM
what wing man??
oohhh i like that ,,that 22/12/26 should do the trick,,,i have downloaded the plans but that's about as far as i got so far but i plan on building one ,, i saw the video of it & i like it ,,please keep us up-dated on your progress,,,
Oct 20, 2004, 01:53 AM
Convert!
I've had 2 turbo raven's from 3dfoamy, but I bought mine :P They fly amazingly well.

Rhett
Oct 20, 2004, 04:52 AM
what wing man??
cool..
Oct 20, 2004, 11:06 AM
I got the plane from Levi last week. Should have it flying this weekend. I'm using the 2212/34 with 3s1p etec 1200's. I'll post some pictures when I download them on my website. I'll let you know how mine flies Monday.
Oct 20, 2004, 01:52 PM
www.rcfoam.com
yeah that would be great T MECO. Hope fully i can finish mine by this weekand! I currently have no planes to fly.
Oct 20, 2004, 04:01 PM
www.rcfoam.com
Ok, I made some more progress on the Raven today after school. I got the mount plate glued in place. Then I started to put in the electronics. I also think that landing gear would be awsome for this plane but unfortunately I didn't buy the kit that includes some nice molded ones so I am trying to improvise. Can any one show me how they would put in landing gear. Right now i plan on using two carbon rods with ply reinforcment at the joints but I don't think that this will hold up very well, as it won't beable to flex enough.
Anyways, here are some photos of what I have done so far.
-Sean-
Oct 20, 2004, 06:58 PM
deleted
Oct 20, 2004, 06:59 PM
Tee Sqaured
Looks great

Sorry, can't help you with landing gear, but i'll say, for what they cost,. Levi's Carbon gear is awsome, i got a set with my Katana S kit, if your Ravin flys anything like mine dose, you'll love it
Oct 20, 2004, 09:20 PM
www.rcfoam.com
Hey, yeah I was checking out Levi's Carbon gear just abit ago. They look well made and thought out so I may look into a pair of them. In the mean time though, i finished the plane tonight. Everything is ready to go for when i get home tommarow! Last thing is to add a paint scheme so that I can tell the top and bottom. Any suggestions? I don't really want to cut up my plans any more than I already did just to get the raven outline... I'll probably end up building another later. It also feels like it ended up a little heavier than I wanted but I'll try it out and see how it does. More pictures!
-Sean-
Oct 22, 2004, 02:58 PM
www.rcfoam.com

Maidened!!!

Just Maidened it!!! all i can say is 10+! this thing flies very stable and fast. Much more consistant than most other foamies i have flown. The raven is defenatly not a floater but more like a missle. It's got a blinding roll rate and totaly unlimeted vertical with my current setup. So far I have no pictures from the flight but once i get a camera man i'll post some flight pictures. Anyways, loops, rolls, and KE was about the extent of flying i did today, but I did try a little bit of hovering and so far im pleased with its performance there too. So its a great plane and the next step is landing gear. Here is a photo of it completed with my paint scheme.
-Sean-
Oct 22, 2004, 03:03 PM
Convert!
the plane is wicked. I really need to buy another ( my 3rd one!)

Rhett
Oct 24, 2004, 07:18 PM
www.rcfoam.com
Yeah, the best foamy i've flown yet. Today i made some landing gear out of cf rods and built some wheel pants. I think it really improved the looks and makes it more fun to fly! landing is the coolest. OK here are some final photos...
Oct 25, 2004, 10:48 AM
Nice Job!!!!!
Oct 25, 2004, 02:59 PM
www.rcfoam.com
hey I appreciate the comment but really I should be thanking you for the free plans, so Thanks!