ArduVidRx: Arduino Enhanced Video Receiver

ArduVidRx = Arduino + FPV Video Receiver

Name: Rx_Wiring_Complete.jpg
Views: 11
Size: 437.3 KB
Description: ArduVidRx via RC832 receiver Name: ArduVidRxController_sshot1.jpg
Size: 55.4 KB
Description: ArduVidRx Controller Android app Name: ArduVidRxController_sshot3.jpg
Size: 175.8 KB
Description: Band scanner on the ArduVidRx Controller Android app

ArduVidRx is an open-source project that aims to create enhanced FPV video receivers that can be remotely operated, using an Android app or a CLI command set.

ArduVidRx Features:
  • Receiver can be tuned to any frequency value in MHz
  • Auto-tune function (tune to strongest signal)
  • Graphical band scanner (in Android controller app)
  • Monitor (spectator) mode with manual and automatic channel switching
  • Can set list of frequencies of interest
  • Automatic RSSI calibration
  • Receiver can be remotely controlled with Android app (via Bluetooth)
  • Receiver can operated with command-line interface (via serial/USB)
  • Enhanced (7-segment) display and button functionality (on RC832 receiver)
Several hardware variations can be built, including using an RC832 receiver, a Realacc RX5808 Pro Diversity Receiver, or direct wiring to an RX5808 module. With a Bluetooth module attached the receiver can be operated via an Android app.

See the ArduVidRx site for more information: http://www.etheli.com/ArduVidRx

--ET

---------------------------------

Here's a demo and walk-through of my ArduVidRx unit and Android controller app. Forgot to mention that, on the first screen, you can use the "Test" button to run the app with no receiver connected.

ArduVidRx and Controller Android App Demo (13 min 54 sec)

_
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2017, 08:31 PM
very exciting and pure awesomeness there Etheli .. very very well done ..
i was drooling over the video ..
what we might need is a video on how to make the whole thing from scratch ..

the VRX module and arduino boards can be bought from Banggood ..
and i already have a RealaccRX diversity module on my Fatshark goggles ..

looks like a very fun project ..
subscribed .. waiting for more post
May 17, 2017, 02:00 PM
Oh boy you Gotta do a tutorial on this i need this!!! I wanna do it so bad with the realacc rx5808 diversity module.
May 17, 2017, 03:20 PM
ETFD2 Creator
Quote:
Originally Posted by marty1090
Oh boy you Gotta do a tutorial on this i need this!!! I wanna do it so bad with the realacc rx5808 diversity module.
Check out the ArduVidRx Hardware page, there's a "Realacc RX5808 Pro Diversity Receiver" section that describes how to make an ArduVidRx receiver using a Realacc module: http://www.etheli.com/ArduVidRx/hw/index.html#realacc

Also, I just added a section on loading the firmware with XLoader: http://www.etheli.com/ArduVidRx/hw/index.html#xloader

If you use a Realacc module and the SparkFun Bluetooth Mate Silver, it's pretty easy to build a working unit. I should note that the current code doesn't operate the display or the diversity on the Realacc module, so it's more suited for use as a stand-alone receiver (that's connected to a screen or goggles via a wire). Display functionality could certainly be added, but it's not something I have time to implement right now.

I'm happy to answer any questions folks have on this thread; and definitely looking for feedback.

--ET