Jun 08, 2017, 10:34 AM
I'm wondering how well the WDR on a CMOS sensor handles harsh lighting conditions and fast lighting changes as a FPV cam. Latency aside, this is still the #1 reason we prefer CCD over CMOS.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2017, 10:42 AM
I kinda like that you can connect it to your phone and preview and download video off the camera without digging out the SD card. Not sure how that wireless card will fit into the stack the way it is, but I'm sure there's a way.

With the Flysky X6B though the stack is getting kinda tall :\
Jun 08, 2017, 11:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenyuan
I'm wondering how well the WDR on a CMOS sensor handles harsh lighting conditions and fast lighting changes as a FPV cam. Latency aside, this is still the #1 reason we prefer CCD over CMOS.
The RC Eagle does well and it's CMOS. Now there is an Eagle 2 coming, less sharpening and lower latency reportedly.
Jun 08, 2017, 12:16 PM
The cmos cameras out there have actually gotten better than ccd at the lighting changes now.

The monster v2 looks like it has some great light handling. I was about to get that before this was announced. Think I've changed my mind now.

Too hard to pass up 1080p60fps for only 10g more than the usual hs1177 weight.
Jun 08, 2017, 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTechNL
Hmm FPV video out is only 4:3.... Just orderd a new set of FPV goggles (Aomway) with 16:9.
I would get this in a heartbeat if it was a Monster version with 16:9 widescreen, nice weight savings, no more *#&$% strap and stuff.
Jun 08, 2017, 12:38 PM
Any hints at pricing yet?
Jun 08, 2017, 01:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egut125
It does seem to have usb plug and the wifi. So could hopefully transfer files off with it hooked up to your computer or over the wifi board in the app.

I had the same worries on some small builds but if those two points are true, it should at least be manageable.
Yeah, good point, you may never have to actually take the SD card out. Hope it works better than the wifi on my RC3, I have a hard time getting it to connect with my phone. BT would have been so much easier I think (well, easier for me, not sure for RC!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by SadLeprechaun
I would get this in a heartbeat if it was a Monster version with 16:9 widescreen, nice weight savings, no more *#&$% strap and stuff.
Probably not a big leap to predict Foxeer will be along with a similar concept any day now.
Jun 08, 2017, 02:52 PM
QuadRotorMOTOboater
If the rc3 can have literally 50% better latency in testing than the GoPro sess, what makes you think they would be inferior with the latency with an even newer design and release... I believe when eliminating heat soak from cramming components inside a tiny case, you will come to find the entire system to run more efficiently and smoother. Wifi module looks like another arduino add-on. I'll make my own. Lol
Jun 08, 2017, 02:57 PM
QuadRotorMOTOboater
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightisright
The RC Eagle does well and it's CMOS. Now there is an Eagle 2 coming, less sharpening and lower latency reportedly.

Yeah and my $&@! $ss just ordered an eagle 16:9 because I'm wanting to improve fpv for Dom v3..... And literally 12hrs after my order on RCam website, a few announcing eagle2 and how people have had the demo cams already for some time. Lower latency? Duh. Yes please... Makes me want to just throw a brick through the Internet at RC window somewhere. I live in the USA.... I don't have Kim jong tech to ballistic launch a brick, but I can try.
Jun 08, 2017, 03:21 PM
Various miniquads.
Looks interesting, although it's actually not entirely original (HMDVR-HD).

I get the impression that Runcam anticipated the legal issues and already had this under development, or were going to release it as a separate product after the RC3, as there's no way they could have designed, tested and manufactured this in the few weeks since the RC3 debuted.
Jun 09, 2017, 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larcat
Any hints at pricing yet?

Listed on Banggood for only $70: https://www.banggood.com/Runcam-Split-1080P-DVR-FPV-Camera-WithWithout-WiFi-2_5mm-FOV-130-165-Degree-NTSC-PAL-Support-64G-TF-p-1159850.html
Last edited by D Gains; Jun 09, 2017 at 02:21 AM.
Jun 09, 2017, 02:38 AM
Foxeer Offical Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightisright
Eagle has nearly 50ma latency, it is not good actually
Jun 09, 2017, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxeer Official
Eagle has nearly 50ma latency, it is not good actually
Once you fly with it for a while you cant feel it at all. Coming from hs1177 you can feel it at first but once your brain has adjusted it feels completely normal.

People just dont give it time to adjust
Jun 09, 2017, 08:47 AM
Are you sure they are using the Eagle V1 sensor? Hopefully it is the V2 that has lower latency.
Jun 09, 2017, 09:44 AM

Now that's not bad at all.
Nicer hs1177 sized cameras cost $40-$50 depending.
I'm liking this more and more.
Only question is will foxeer have a similar option in a little while. I think I'd take a foxeer one built around the monster v2.

Quick Reply