Runcam Split / V2 - FPV + HD Camera - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 30, 2017, 04:33 PM
mr1
mr1
Buy what is on the market! Sell it if something better comes out. Dont wait for something you dont even know.
to remove ads between posts
May 31, 2017, 03:42 PM
I feel like this has to be some sort of FPV+Action Cam combo, going by the name. RunCam already has a lot of clout with their FPV cameras and it honestly seems silly to have 2 separate cameras on top of one another. Maybe an HD sensor that can split the signal: one sent as the full resolution image through processing and into an SD card; the other sending a low-resolution low-latency image to the VTX. Or maybe they'll just stack the two camera sensors on top of one another in one enclosure, but that would be slightly less exciting.
May 31, 2017, 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
Also waiting. My Git1 died. And I want somthing new, and this form factor is interesting.
A guess could be that they make it a flat square, and then the battery is an attachment pack. Or open it in the middle to replace battery.
IMHO they should just move the screen to the top. All done.
The coming GitUp 4K camera may meet your requirement, to say thanks for your support GitUp in the past, we'd like to send a free sample to your one released. I just send PM to you.
May 31, 2017, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by povlhp
Also waiting. My Git1 died. And I want somthing new, and this form factor is interesting.
A guess could be that they make it a flat square, and then the battery is an attachment pack. Or open it in the middle to replace battery.
IMHO they should just move the screen to the top. All done.
SJCAM has some interesting new releases
Jun 01, 2017, 12:32 AM
Ha ha. Dont forget the Foxeer . Actually I'm really happy that you guys are reading. RunCam, Fox, SJ, Git, all doing great job. We are holding the breath for your next release.
Jun 01, 2017, 04:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gitup
The coming GitUp 4K camera may meet your requirement, to say thanks for your support GitUp in the past, we'd like to send a free sample to your one released. I just send PM to you.
Haha amazing, how can someone be so lucky
Jun 01, 2017, 09:29 AM
polar313
My hypothesis:

I think that this will make the main body of the camera seperate from the lens. Main camera body will maybe have 30.5x30.5mm mounting holes to mount on a stack. Simple cable that connects to the lens. Lens could be mounted wherever. If the lens gets smashed swap it out. Main camera body would be nice and safe in the stack.
Jun 01, 2017, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar313
My hypothesis:

I think that this will make the main body of the camera seperate from the lens. Main camera body will maybe have 30.5x30.5mm mounting holes to mount on a stack. Simple cable that connects to the lens. Lens could be mounted wherever. If the lens gets smashed swap it out. Main camera body would be nice and safe in the stack.
Thats an interesting hypothesis and I like your idea ! But it would be very specific and narrow area of usage. For quad users it would be perfect.
Jun 01, 2017, 01:22 PM
Quote:
My hypothesis:

This is a neat idea, but I'm not sure how that would work. Most of what is in the camera body is the image sensor, and that HAS to be directly behind the lens. I suppose if the HD cams have a post-processing board that could be moved to the stack, but that seems like it would add unnecessary complexity while still having the expensive part (the image sensor) still be exposed on top/in front.
Jun 01, 2017, 03:53 PM
My guess is that the camera can be changed from a Runcam 2 style to a Runcam 3 style camera.
Jun 01, 2017, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HRTrulz
My guess is that the camera can be changed from a Runcam 2 style to a Runcam 3 style camera.
So when gopro police arrives you hit a switch and it transforms into Runcam 2 - NO INFRINGEMENT HERE OFFICER
Jun 01, 2017, 05:45 PM
polar313
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRich3D
This is a neat idea, but I'm not sure how that would work. Most of what is in the camera body is the image sensor, and that HAS to be directly behind the lens. I suppose if the HD cams have a post-processing board that could be moved to the stack, but that seems like it would add unnecessary complexity while still having the expensive part (the image sensor) still be exposed on top/in front.
My thought is that they would use some type of hd board cam, or something similar to how the möbius lens is connected. The möbius uses a ribbon cable. I'd imagine that could be swapped out for something a bit stronger. Kind of like a connex setup. But with a dvr instead of a vtx.
Jun 02, 2017, 02:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitbeat
So when gopro police arrives you hit a switch and it transforms into Runcam 2 - NO INFRINGEMENT HERE OFFICER
Yes, don't get started on the BS design patent GoPro have.

We need some with a lot of money like DJI or Samsung to release a cube style camera and then we see how long their patent holds up.
Jun 02, 2017, 03:19 AM
120sr/200srx/230s/300cfx/200qx
Git 3 or GitUP 4k?

What is coming soon? Or is it the 2 ?

I was collecting coins for a Firefly 8s.. but something coming from Git...makes me wait!

Or buy the 2...and have 2 for the price of a YK4+! with same video quality if not better... One on the remote and the other on the RC..and sell my SJCAM4000+...or keep her for when get a racing quad! lol

Money...money!!
Jun 02, 2017, 10:26 AM
Quote:
My hypothesis:

something like this solution ?
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...HMDVR-HD-1080P

only main board is 30x30 ?

Quick Reply