Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 04, 2018, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Wow that's good, I didn't know they'd finally fixed this. I'll try the new firmware on my Split v1 - thanks.
Here's a video from a Split v1 with the recent firmware:

Rolling With The Punch Outs (4 min 13 sec)
to remove ads between posts
May 04, 2018, 04:16 PM
That looks pretty decent ... if you look REALLY hard there are faint vertical lines in the top corners sometimes but you'd never notice them normally.

Unfortunately I gave up on my v1 some time back and stuck it in a boat. I've put the new firmware on it now ... might try and fit it into my 130 one day.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 04, 2018, 07:43 PM
Anyone seen this issue of osd letters smudging and greying out only when RCS is connected?

Could it be power issue? I have a 5v 3A UBEC supplying micro minimosd and the split v1 together.

May 05, 2018, 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kn8alpha
Anyone seen this issue of osd letters smudging and greying out only when RCS is connected?

Could it be power issue? I have a 5v 3A UBEC supplying micro minimosd and the split v1 together.

I use osd with the runcam split (but is betaflight osd, not micro minimosd) and I have no issue.
Maybe you can solve it changing the font of the osd?
I've tried different fonts and ones looks better than others....
May 05, 2018, 12:34 PM
making crashing a lifestyle!
seems like the chip on the osd is dying..
can you try another osd?
May 07, 2018, 05:55 AM
Can anyone tell me if I can sue the Mini-Camera with the SPlit V2 board? Can I use the cable that comes with the SplitV2 Board and fit it into the camera?
That would be my choice for a Hyperflow Vert Freestyler-frame, as I do not want to put a GoPro on top, and hence need a micro/mini-Camera in the front due to size-limitations.
May 07, 2018, 07:09 AM
The mini and the normal sized split use different cables.
May 07, 2018, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon
The mini and the normal sized split use different cables.
From what I have read not on the camera side of things (only on the board). I can't say for sure tho - I believe it was even posted in this thread somewhere.

So the side that goes into the split2/mini camera is the same but the one that goes into the board is different.
May 13, 2018, 04:58 PM
Does anyone know if there is a narrower field of view lens suitable for the Split V1/2?
May 14, 2018, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones007
Does anyone know if there is a narrower field of view lens suitable for the Split V1/2?
It's a pretty standard mount so they must be out there. Of course you can use the FOV setting on the Split to restrict the angle, although I assume this affects the quality a little. I've used the middle option without any obvious degradation though. Try it and see what you think.
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
May 14, 2018, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
It's a pretty standard mount so they must be out there. Of course you can use the FOV setting on the Split to restrict the angle, although I assume this affects the quality a little. I've used the middle option without any obvious degradation though. Try it and see what you think.
I'll try that. I also found another thread with fixed wing pilots running a 3.6mm lens from FatShark, and it seemed pretty good. I tiny bit dark around the corners, but if I use a narrower FOV this might not show up anyway.
Last edited by jones007; May 15, 2018 at 02:54 PM.
May 15, 2018, 01:40 AM
You'll need to make sure that you use a lens for a 1/2" sensor. They have a larger inner lens compared to the standard ones for a 1/3" sensor.
May 15, 2018, 07:49 AM
Huy you can compare the version of insertions on the splita. I want to understand at me marriage of a lens or not.
Untitlerrrrrrd (0 min 16 sec)
May 15, 2018, 09:03 AM
Del
Last edited by ansiivan; May 16, 2018 at 08:37 AM.
May 15, 2018, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arakon
You'll need to make sure that you use a lens for a 1/2" sensor. They have a larger inner lens compared to the standard ones for a 1/3" sensor.
That's why I was asking, but this video looked pretty good:

RunCam Split - Lens Change (3 min 28 sec)

I ordered one, so we'll see how it is.

Edit: just received the Fatshark 3.6mm CMOS lens, and it works fine - no occlusions in the corners either in FPV or in recorded video. Looks like the lens quality might be a little lower than the stock lens, as things in the corners look a bit soft. I've only tried it indoors though, so we'll have to see how it looks in the wild.
Last edited by jones007; May 22, 2018 at 03:18 PM.

Quick Reply