Sep 22, 2018, 12:58 PM
Anyone tried the latest firmware? So to speak V2.1.8, from 18th, Sep? I'm getting a corrupted zip file.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 23, 2018, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Just to double check ... you have got the video ground wires from the Split and the VTx both connected to the same ground pad on the FC?

The video and cam grounds should be on your pdb, not th fc. And as close as possible to or on the negative battery lead.
Sep 23, 2018, 10:24 AM
I just updated the latest firmware. True 16:9 fpv video is finally true. Thanks Runcam! September 11th I wrote to them that this feature must be obtained. Fast action or coincidence? The most important thing is that it came now.
Last edited by Vilibertti; Sep 23, 2018 at 10:34 AM.
Sep 23, 2018, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMPheli
Just to double check ... you have got the video ground wires from the Split and the VTx both connected to the same ground pad on the FC?

The video and cam grounds should be on your pdb, not th fc. And as close as possible to or on the negative battery lead.
Sorry I made the assumption this was with a modern FC ... separate PDBs are pretty rare nowadays (like standalone OSDs).
Latest blog entry: Eachine QX65 FPV quad review
Sep 23, 2018, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Sorry I made the assumption this was with a modern FC ... separate PDBs are pretty rare nowadays (like standalone OSDs).
Dunno, a lot of people still run the kiss FC, that ain't got no PDB afaik And I don't run kiss, but none of my quads have FC/PDB combos (ok, except the QX65 lol). From an electrical standpoint it's not ideal to mix high currents with digital logic.
Sep 23, 2018, 05:33 PM
I'm the opposite - I have 7 betaflight quads of varying sizes and types and none of them have a separate PDB.
Sep 23, 2018, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagob
Anyone tried the latest firmware? So to speak V2.1.8, from 18th, Sep? I'm getting a corrupted zip file.
I had a look and downloaded it -

New features of RunCam Split V2.1.8, 18th, Sep 2018:
1. Image Added brightness and sharpness options.
2. The full screen display of TV-OUT is modified to screen scale, supporting 16:9 and 4:3 switching.

Odd that its an .RAR file.. Even an .RAR extractor cannot open it.
Sep 23, 2018, 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissah
I had a look and downloaded it -

New features of RunCam Split V2.1.8, 18th, Sep 2018:
1. Image Added brightness and sharpness options.
2. The full screen display of TV-OUT is modified to screen scale, supporting 16:9 and 4:3 switching.

Odd that its an .RAR file.. Even an .RAR extractor cannot open it.
7-Zip worked fine.
Sep 24, 2018, 03:35 AM
I upgraded via the Runcam app - quick & easy.
Sep 24, 2018, 05:59 AM
On My Way ...
Quote:
I upgraded via the Runcam app - quick & easy.

Here I only get 2.1.7 as an offer...
... will try later again
Sep 24, 2018, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoeny
Here I only get 2.1.7 as an offer...
... will try later again
Sorry you are quite right, I was thinking of 2.1.7. Strange that 2.1.8 doesn't show up yet. As an aside there was a new version of the Runcam app very recently ... I didn't get a chance to play with it yet but I'm hoping they've added the new parameters (previously only on the OSD menus).
Sep 24, 2018, 09:00 AM
Just checked and confirmed - Fullsize Split 2 FW works perfectly in fullsize Split 1
Sep 26, 2018, 01:50 PM
There's a new version of the Runcam app today - that picks up v2.1.8.
Sep 27, 2018, 10:33 PM
Runcam has been out of stock of the Split 2 for a while. I was looking at making an order today, and adding a spare Split 2 main board to it as well.
But they are out of stock with them also.

I'm wondering if they will discontinue the Split 2. With the release of the Split Mini 2.
And just release a ribbon cable for the Split 2 camera module, to connect with the Split Mini 2 board.
It would save weight and size. But still give an image as good as the Split 2 presently.

Things like the onboard beeper and Wifi wouldn't be missed for most of us.
Sep 29, 2018, 05:40 PM
the ribbon of Split mini is compatible with the full size Split's camera module

Quick Reply