This thread is privately moderated by flyenrw, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 13, 2017, 09:55 AM
Discussion

E-Flight 25E Super cub

Moving along with the cockpit panels, I realized that the dash I was planning on building from scratch needed to be designed so that it could fitted and be removed while building the panels. So before I could proceed to complete the panels, I side tracked to build a template of the custom instrument panel.

Since my Super Cub plan is more a current day custom build, I wanted a few more current day avionics to be included on the dash, so I added a little more height to my design, ( over the cramped space provided for in the kit), to accommodate the dash layout planned. The extra 1/2" in height I added really makes a difference.

So far, I have sprayed two coats of Minwax Polycrylic satin clear coat to the dash build. I want the surface to be free of the grain effect from the wood. I will add as many more coats as it takes to make it perfectly smooth for painting.

As the dash now fits well, it needs a careful fit , sliding into place from above, at an angle, until it is seated. Rather than the leave the left and right edges straight and parallel with the frame, I added a small rap around key, to give the bottom edge a longer visual line. A little tricky to fit , but for me, worth the extra effort.
It's time to cut some holes and layout my dash design.
to remove ads between posts