Esprit Model Releases the DS-24 Transmitter - Exclusive RCGroups News!

The DS-24 Carbon is Jeti's new flagship transmitter. The 24 features metal transmitter gimbals with Hall sensors (4096 step resolution) and integrated vibration feedback (Stick Shaker), 9 ball bearings for precision movement, a large 320x240 color, backlight display and many other features.

Splash

From Esprit Model

This digital, 24 Channel (24 Channels & 8 Remote Commands), 2.4GHz & 900MHz, dual frequency, triple redundant (2x 2.4GHz, 1x 900MHz RF Modules) frequency hopping radio system is designed and manufactured by Jeti Model in the Czech republic. This is one of the most advanced radio systems on today's market featuring a solid CNC aluminum case, fully integrated five (5) antennas, a mini USB port, built-in speaker, and headset jack.

Jeti DS-24 Introduction (The Day The Earth Stood Still) (3 min 21 sec)

The 24 features metal transmitter gimbals with Hall sensors (4096 step resolution) and integrated vibration feedback (Stick Shaker), 9 ball bearings for precision movement, a large 320x240 color, backlight display and many other features the Jeti DC/DS-24s are sure to become the new standard in transmitter performance.

You can easily observe up to 40 different parameters in real-time directly on the transmitter. Or, by using the JetiBox Profi (sold separately) you can see your data in parallel mode giving you and your copilot valuable real-time information (see video).

One of the most important features of Jeti's transmitters is the gimbal and switch function assignment flexibility. With the DC/DS-24 you are free to fully customize your radio. You can swap switches or sticks (Mode 1-4) and the on-board computer will recognize your changes and assign functions anywhere you like. Other functions are programmable sounds/alarms and even user-recordable sounds. This audible alarm feature was specifically designed to keep you informed while also keeping distractions to a minimum. We think this is the best way enhance both your enjoyment and your model safety. You can simply set a receiver battery capacity alarm for the desired capacity used and once that number is reached the system acoustically and visually gives you warnings.

Specs and Features

• Dual-Band 2.4GHz & 900MHz, triple redundant with five (5) integrated antennas.
  • Dual haptic feedback - Integrated vibration feedback for both gimbals (Stick Shaker).
  • Integrated Microphone - Create custom voice announcements.
  • Voice Commands - Setup voice activated functions or telemetry announcements.
  • Built-In FM Tuner - Integrated, fully functional FM Radio.
  • Brand new, high contrast, full color 320x240 backlight LCD display.
  • Built-In Accelerometers & Gyros - Trigger any voice announcement or assign any function.
  • State-of-the-art, upgradable firmware which gives you full freedom and complete control.
  • Solid aluminum, CNC cut transmitter case with fully integrated antenna and oversized LCD display.
  • Mini USB port for firmware upgrades and PC download of telemetry data.
  • Integrated speaker and 3.5mm headset jack. You can play back music and create custom voice alarms. Options are virtually unlimited.
  • Built-in, logical switches that lets you program a complex string of control events with the simple flip of a switch.
  • 9-point, programmable curve mixes for all 24 digital proportional channels.
  • You can set up not just dual, but triple rates.
  • Pre-programmed servo setups for nearly every type of wing, tail and swash plate imaginable.
  • Unlimited use of the on-board 8GB SD card memory.
  • Fully integrated logical switch functions. If you need to drop bombs only if your throttle is at 50% and bay doors are open, with this system you can. Your programming/mixing options are virtually unlimited.
  • Fully integrated digital telemetry. View, process and store all your telemetry data and even wirelessly program any of the Duplex EX sensors.
  • Create, manage and program all alarms. Enhance safety for both yourself and your model. Monitor your temperature, speed, battery voltage, receiver battery capacity and much more.
  • All switches and channels are completely moveable and assignable. Want to move throttle to the right slider or switch several functions to just one stick? With the Jeti radio system, yes you can. Basically, you can program any stick, dial, switch or slider to generate any output you choose.
  • Unlimited number of programmable timers. You can easily set a timer for your overall flight time, a model memory timer for the motor run of a specific model, and any number of countdown/stopwatch timers that can be activated any number of ways.

Included

• Jeti Duplex DS-24 Transmitter Carbon Line
  • Jeti Transmitter Aluminum Case
  • 110-240V Wall Power Supply
  • Tx Battery Li-poly 5200mAh 3.7V (1S2P)
  • Mini USB to USB PC Cable

Learn More

Head over to the Esprit site for more info on this transmitter.

Test Drive It! Jeti DS-14/16 Radio System

Are you on the fence about making the switch to Jeti or don't know a Jeti pilot in your area? Now there is a way to get your hands on a Jeti DS radio to decide for yourself. With a refundable deposit, you can test drive a Jeti DS-14 or DS-16 at your home field. After speaking to a Jeti representative and placing a deposit order, a radio and receiver will be sent to you for a two week trial period. This gives you the opportunity to install it in a plane and decide for yourself if Jeti is for you.

If you decide that the radio is everything that you expected, you return the test drive radio set and use the deposit towards a new DS-14 or DS-16 of your own. If not, simply return it for a full refund of your deposit. Return shipping is simply a matter of packing the items back in the original shipping box and using the included shipping label to ship the package back to us.

Visit the Jeti page to learn more.

Jeti DS-14/16 Radio System Test Drive (7 min 58 sec)

Visit Esprit Model

Check out all the great products that Esprit carries by clicking here.

May 15, 2017, 08:56 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
The back of the new transmitter is rather unique and should have probably been shown/mentioned.
May 15, 2017, 08:59 AM
Now if it only could run OpenTX......
May 15, 2017, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Quote:
The back of the new transmitter is rather unique and should have probably been shown/mentioned.
Updated.
May 15, 2017, 12:39 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
Looks incredible!

But there's a $700 deposit to pre-order, and the full price is $2100!?! Yikes!

Too rich for my blood (or spending priorities). But I guess even at this high end of the spectrum (pun intended), it's still a bargain compared to full-scale electronics, e.g. getting your airplane compliant with upcoming ADS-B requirements.
May 15, 2017, 09:25 PM
With the colour screen and only 1s battery, what should be the expected number of hours of use at the field?
May 15, 2017, 10:19 PM
RCG Staff
Great question. I'll see if I can find out at Joe Nall this week.
May 15, 2017, 10:43 PM
AMA 636518 - FAA FA********
"Built-In FM Tuner - Integrated, fully functional FM Radio."
So in more accurate terms, the VHF commercial broadcast Band?
I can't think of a single reason...
May 15, 2017, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Craig
"Built-In FM Tuner - Integrated, fully functional FM Radio."
So in more accurate terms, the VHF commercial broadcast Band?
I can't think of a single reason...
So you can listen to ads at the field with poor reception ;-)
May 15, 2017, 11:18 PM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levendis
With the colour screen and only 1s battery, what should be the expected number of hours of use at the field?
The internal battery is 5200 mAH
You can fly the weekend and not worry about recharging the battery.
May 16, 2017, 06:33 AM
No bounce, No play.
OK. You have my attention.

Will it be ready with ISED for Canadian market?
May 17, 2017, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltc
The internal battery is 5200 mAH
You can fly the weekend and not worry about recharging the battery.
While I have seen this quote before, i am just wondering if there is a straight spec, like 10/20 hours with the screen off and x hours with the screen on etc. 1s 5200 is obviously less than a 3s2200 in terms of energy content. Give us the wattage used with radio on / screen on and we could figure it out thanks.
May 17, 2017, 02:16 AM
Quote:
While I have seen this quote before, i am just wondering if there is a straight spec, like 10/20 hours with the screen off and x hours with the screen on etc. 1s 5200 is obviously less than a 3s2200 in terms of energy content. Give us the wattage used with radio on / screen on and we could figure it out thanks.
Yes, but the electronics all work on low voltage, so if a linear regulator is used to drop to voltage from a 3S lipo that is wasted energy content. The DC=24 btw typically runs for 10 to 12 hours on a charge.
May 17, 2017, 02:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS
Yes, but the electronics all work on low voltage, so if a linear regulator is used to drop to voltage from a 3S lipo that is wasted energy content. The DC=24 btw typically runs for 10 to 12 hours on a charge.
Most modern systems use a DC-DC converter that is efficient...... I expect this system to run for 6-8 hours depending on the screen brightness.
May 17, 2017, 05:48 AM
ltc
ltc
AMA 97737
Quote:
The radio displays actual Tx current and voltage, so you can perform your basic power calculation.