May 12, 2017, 12:33 PM
homo ludens modellisticus
Thread OP
Video

Muslim mayor bans alcohol in Rotterdam/Nederland

A christian city, in a christian country, of all places
translate...www.ad.nl/binnenland/burgemeester-aboutaleb-drink-zondag-met-mate~va5381cd7

Prettig weekend Ron

Last edited by Ron van Sommeren; May 13, 2017 at 10:14 AM.
May 12, 2017, 12:34 PM
Good luck with that
May 12, 2017, 12:36 PM
The QuadFather
And is anyone surprised?
May 12, 2017, 12:42 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archive...yenoord-match/

Ahead of a football match, something that has been done for years in other cities in Europe.

Quote:
Rotterdamís mayor has invoked his emergency powers for large parts of the city centre on Sunday and alcohol sales have been banned in the area around the station in an effort to head of more trouble involving Feyenoord football supporters. Last Sunday 100 people were arrested as football fans clashed with police after Feyenoord failed to take the Eredivisie title. Feyenoord are now one point ahead of Ajax ahead of Sundayís last competition match. Mayor Ahmed Aboutaleb told reporters last weekendís riots had been largely fueled by alcohol and drugs.
This is the same Muslim Mayor who told Muslims to accept Western values or Go Home!.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...f-live-TV.html

Only he did not put it so politely.

Quote:
pack your bags and
May 12, 2017, 12:43 PM
Tu ne cede malis
I heard Islam would not change Europe. We know how that's going.

Multiculturalist leftism is doing for Islam what they couldn't get done in 1683.
May 12, 2017, 12:44 PM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
Those kickball fans get crazy.
May 12, 2017, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
I heard Islam would not change Europe. We know how that's going.

Multiculturalist leftism is doing for Islam what they couldn't get done in 1683.
Bollox, this is down to Football hooliganism, not Islam.

Blame the Western values you love so much.
May 12, 2017, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn
Those kickball fans get crazy.
Indeed they do and if historically alcohol has been shown to be a cause of the violence, which it has, then only a fool would not apply the ban.
May 12, 2017, 12:50 PM
Sounds reasonable but he is interfering with the time honored tradition of fans killing fans. Not a sporting type, I guess.

http://www.theonion.com/article/amer...p-by-push-5290
May 12, 2017, 12:54 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
Bollox, this is down to Football hooliganism, not Islam.

Blame the Western values you love so much.
Why? Which actual western values espouse harming or killing other innocent citizens?

I *can* cite the actual Islamic ones against alcohol, but that wouldn't be convenient would it.
May 12, 2017, 12:56 PM
I'm Kind of a Big Deal
They could ban football altogether just in case some of these have alcohol hidden at home.

As long as the city reimburses local businesses for the loss of revenue I have no problem with it.
May 12, 2017, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat
Why? Which actual western values espouse harming or killing other innocent citizens?

I *can* cite the actual Islamic ones against alcohol, but that wouldn't be convenient would it.
As Mayor, what would you do?

Considering that in many cities in Europe the banning of Alcohol has reduced violence at football matches?

Remember people have been killed, innocents get injured, you have to stop it?

An alcohol ban for a few hours stops the trouble.

Is your hatred of Islam more important, than the lives and health of those innocents?
May 12, 2017, 01:02 PM
Gurpgork
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douwe
"an endless series of passes, an arbitrary and unfathomable penalty system, and little if any scoring"

That's not satire, it's truth.
May 12, 2017, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarpon Shawn
They could ban football altogether just in case some of these have alcohol hidden at home.

As long as the city reimburses local businesses for the loss of revenue I have no problem with it.
As long as those businesses selling alcohol to the hooligans get to pay for all the damage , the medical bills and damages to the victims of the violence and the money lost to other businesses due to the trouble.
May 12, 2017, 01:06 PM
Tu ne cede malis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkie
As Mayor, what would you do?

Considering that in many cities in Europe the banning of Alcohol has reduced violence at football matches?

Remember people have been killed, innocents get injured, you have to stop it?

An alcohol ban for a few hours stops the trouble.

Is your hatred of Islam more important, than the lives and health of those innocents?
Nope. My hatred of violating the rights of any innocents, in this case the merchants, takes precedence over both.

Don't blame innocent people for what criminals do. Violate the criminals rights, not everyone else's.

Quick Reply