Blade Inductrix FPV Pro BNF

The Blade Inductrix is the tiny indoor quad that started the Tiny Whoop phenomenon as a quadcopter that everyone modified with new motors and FPV gear to make it a killer micro FPV machine. Blade now introduced the Inductrix FPV Pro with no mods needed.

Splash

The Popular Industrix Gets an Upgrade

The Blade Inductrix is the tiny indoor quad that started the Tiny Whoop phenomenon as a quadcopter that everyone modified with new motors and FPV gear to make it a killer micro FPV machine. Blade saw what was happening and quickly went to work and came out with the Inductrix FPV so anyone could easily fly micro FPV. People still modified that version and again the team at Blade went back to work and now they have released the Inductrix FPV Pro.

The Inductrix FPV Pro is a bind and fly micro drone with FPV gear and it's been upgraded with some great new features and components so you won't have to modify anything. It's been lightened and will now perform at a higher level for those who like to push the limits. One of the great changes to the Pro variant is the addition of a Betaflight configurable flight board that lets you tune and tweak the settings to your hearts content. They also redesigned the frame to make it more durable and included high speed motors, a new canopy and a new cam/vtx combo with a rugged antenna. There is literally nothing else to modify on this one to make it better, but you'll need plenty of batteries as you won't want to put this thing down.

Check out the new Blade Inductrix FPV Pro BNF drone at Horizon Hobby.

May 12, 2017, 09:51 AM
finally a stronger frame! about time.

looks like a pretty good deal. did they improve the battery connector as well?
May 12, 2017, 11:08 AM
Prefectionist
It's still using the same, terrible battery connector. That's the one thing they ACTUALLY needed to change, and they didn't.
May 12, 2017, 11:26 AM
Guys, look at the FC picture, they used the same battery conector.
After the disappointment with the Inductrix FPV, I will not buy the pro.
Latest blog entry: Axe frame
May 12, 2017, 11:31 AM
RCG Staff
Weird, I never had an issue with the connector. The only issue I ever saw was the Hitec 4 port charger has the pins spaced out incorrectly and could damage the battery connector causing intermittent connections when plugged in on the quad. Other than that, not sure why such hate for this standard connector that is used successfully on many products.
May 12, 2017, 11:33 AM
have you bothered to read the inductrix thread(s)? pages and pages of complaints with those connectors. it is the wrong connector for this application.
May 12, 2017, 11:36 AM
RCG Staff
I'm just saying it's weird so many complain while many others don't have any issues. I've got who knows how many flights on several Tiny Whoops and never ran into a connector issue. I don't think Horizon would use it if there was an inherent problem with it.
May 12, 2017, 12:35 PM
I use the jst 2.0 power whoop connector and agree that's a must have with the hv batteries too. But I'll just solder one on this also. Gonna need it with 19k motors :-)
May 12, 2017, 02:19 PM
I keep track of my flights and I only get about 40 flights before I have to replace the connector.
May 12, 2017, 06:10 PM
What goes up, must............

Wrong connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
I'm just saying it's weird so many complain while many others don't have any issues. I've got who knows how many flights on several Tiny Whoops and never ran into a connector issue. I don't think Horizon would use it if there was an inherent problem with it.
The connector is rated for 30 insertions. Wrong one to use for this application (swapping batteries).
Furthermore, in mine and many early Inductrix FPVs the LVC was set too high. This was not the case with Tiny Whoops.

So it didn't take long (1:00 to 1:30 mins) before the voltage drop over the connector + the LVC kicking in too early, caused a big problem.

I returned mine, as did many, and the replacement has been fine since.
Last edited by Hopefulflyer; May 12, 2017 at 08:51 PM.
May 12, 2017, 08:54 PM
When pigs fly rc
Nice
May 13, 2017, 08:53 AM
Amazing little indoor machine but I just can't go backwards to that AWFUL video quality. I know how tiny this is but someone will come out with a much superior micro setup soon enough.
May 13, 2017, 02:05 PM
EAT. SLEEP. FLY.
Just bought one @ https://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/BLADE...8570EU&p=43559

They have stock
Last edited by Charlie247; May 13, 2017 at 02:58 PM.
May 15, 2017, 04:04 PM
So, question for you guys then. If you replace the battery connector do you need to get new batteries?
May 16, 2017, 09:53 AM
EAT. SLEEP. FLY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirPoonga
So, question for you guys then. If you replace the battery connector do you need to get new batteries?
Yes and no - You can use your current batteries and part dismantle and solder on new connectors, see YouTube (need a steady hand and not a job I would fancy doing). So if you don't want to do that, then yes you will need new batteries with the correct connector.

Tiny Whoop PowerWhoop Battery Connector Upgrade (13 min 1 sec)
Last edited by Charlie247; May 16, 2017 at 09:55 AM. Reason: Adding YouTube link