Jul 29, 2019, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcguy2525
I have water coming out the head port but nothing coming out the exhaust port. If it is coming out the exhaust port then it's very little (like drips) compared to the head port. I've thought about buying a water pump for it and forcing water through that motor even at idle.
I have the direct drive adapter coming to me. Should be here sometime this coming week. The clutch doesnt engage some of the time. Plus I just like the idea of nothing slipping and it's just pure power going through to the prop.
Do you know where I can go to get aftermarket parts for it? What water pump would be the best for the stock engine?
I'm going to dump the fuel out of it and put fresh in. I did flip it so I'm wondering if somehow water got in the tank!?
Water may be in the carb as well.
GizmoMotors or Bonzi Sports are two place to look at aftermarket parts.
Clutch is still on mine works even after being upside down in the water more than a couple of times.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 29, 2019, 03:34 PM
Quote:
I have water coming out the head port but nothing coming out the exhaust port. If it is coming out the exhaust port then it's very little (like drips) compared to the head port. I've thought about buying a water pump for it and forcing water through that motor even at idle.
I have the direct drive adapter coming to me. Should be here sometime this coming week. The clutch doesnt engage some of the time. Plus I just like the idea of nothing slipping and it's just pure power going through to the prop.
Do you know where I can go to get aftermarket parts for it? What water pump would be the best for the stock engine?
I'm going to dump the fuel out of it and put fresh in. I did flip it so I'm wondering if somehow water got in the tank!?
Water pumps will only work when the boat is stationary,as soon as you start moving above a fast walking pace the inlets bypass the pump so a pump isnt going to solve your issue .You need to find out whats causing the problem .
Jul 30, 2019, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache Kemosabi
Water pumps will only work when the boat is stationary,as soon as you start moving above a fast walking pace the inlets bypass the pump so a pump isnt going to solve your issue .You need to find out whats causing the problem .
I know. I just want water running through it when its sitting there. My son is going to be running it also so I'm sure theres going to be A LOT of idle time.
I did find out why it wasnt staying running. I went to my local Lowes store and bought some fittings to hook it up to the garden hose. Started it and was watching the fuel line. Bunch of air in the line when the tank got to 3/4-1/2 tank of gas. Filled it up and they went away and ran perfectly. So I'm thinking the line isnt at the right depth in the tank so its sucking air or I have a cut in the line in the tank and its sucking air from that. So I gotta figure out how to get the black rubber thing out and pull the line down more.
I do have the coupler coming to me to make it direct drive. Thank God I found one, everyone was out and not expecting one until September.
What is everyone running for spark plug? I still have the champion one in it until complete break-in is done. I have an extra NGK CMR7H on the shelf from my baja im going to put in it. I have 2 more on the way also. I ran that NGK spark plug in it once when I was having problems, figuring the champion finally was fouling out.
Jul 30, 2019, 04:35 PM
Quote:
I know. I just want water running through it when its sitting there. My son is going to be running it also so I'm sure theres going to be A LOT of idle time.
I did find out why it wasnt staying running. I went to my local Lowes store and bought some fittings to hook it up to the garden hose. Started it and was watching the fuel line. Bunch of air in the line when the tank got to 3/4-1/2 tank of gas. Filled it up and they went away and ran perfectly. So I'm thinking the line isnt at the right depth in the tank so its sucking air or I have a cut in the line in the tank and its sucking air from that. So I gotta figure out how to get the black rubber thing out and pull the line down more.
I do have the coupler coming to me to make it direct drive. Thank God I found one, everyone was out and not expecting one until September.
What is everyone running for spark plug? I still have the champion one in it until complete break-in is done. I have an extra NGK CMR7H on the shelf from my baja im going to put in it. I have 2 more on the way also. I ran that NGK spark plug in it once when I was having problems, figuring the champion finally was fouling out.
Your fuel line in the tank is cracked or split.
Happened on mine and also happens on the Rockstar version. Replace the line and make sure it runs to the rear of the boat as the gas will flow that direction when the boat moves.
Use a flathead screwdriver or something like that to pop off the rubber cap on the tank.
I use the CMR7H. That being said replace it once since I have had the boat.
Jul 30, 2019, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbrist
Your fuel line in the tank is cracked or split.
Happened on mine and also happens on the Rockstar version. Replace the line and make sure it runs to the rear of the boat as the gas will flow that direction when the boat moves.
Use a flathead screwdriver or something like that to pop off the rubber cap on the tank.
I use the CMR7H. That being said replace it once since I have had the boat.
Ok thank you.
Aug 28, 2019, 06:26 AM
Yea sounds like a crack or split in your fuel line somewehere ,as regards the plug ditch the Champion plug for the ngk ,the r in the plug number stands for resistor this is important as if plugs dont have that they will interfere with the radio signal . Champion plugs are renowned for cracking and falling apart and parts can fall into the engine and bingo .
Just thinking about your issues though id double check the carb diaphram as even a slight wrinkle will stop it sucking in fuel ,so id check that also . Always good idea to have a rebuild kit ready to change that after each season .

Quick Reply