Aug 03, 2017, 10:26 PM
maybe it needs a double inlet rudder or open up the rudder inlet abit so more water can be forced in when running or even add a water blast tube behind the prop , these work well.
to remove ads between posts
Aug 03, 2017, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshooter
maybe it needs a double inlet rudder or open up the rudder inlet abit so more water can be forced in when running or even add a water blast tube behind the prop , these work well.
Great ideas but I bought a ready to run boat and I am not going to start hacking it up just yet. Don't you think it shoud work when you get it as advertised?
Aug 04, 2017, 12:42 AM
the majority of RTR boats are really not set up as good as they should be , this is why many boats also have Upgraded Parts that you buy to make the boat better. this water cooling issue is no big deal really as its a very easy fix and by doing this yourself atleast you get satisfaction when things work out well. its not worth the hassle of contacting the hobby store as all your going to get is; check this and check that etc etc . so how about you buy an add on water blast tube and bracket that fits up behind prop on strut plus some good size i.d. silicon water tube 4 mm i.d. is good and open up the rudder intake abit to allow better entry of water. this will solve heat issues and provide you with a better model.
Aug 04, 2017, 08:24 AM
Quote:
the majority of RTR boats are really not set up as good as they should be , this is why many boats also have Upgraded Parts that you buy to make the boat better. this water cooling issue is no big deal really as its a very easy fix and by doing this yourself atleast you get satisfaction when things work out well. its not worth the hassle of contacting the hobby store as all your going to get is; check this and check that etc etc . so how about you buy an add on water blast tube and bracket that fits up behind prop on strut plus some good size i.d. silicon water tube 4 mm i.d. is good and open up the rudder intake abit to allow better entry of water. this will solve heat issues and provide you with a better model.
Although you are right on all accounts I just posted what I thought of the boat in stock form because someone asked. I sent it back to Horizon because it had several problems. This is the first time in 30+ years in this hobby I have ever sent something in for evaluation that is how far off the mark this boat was, I am hoping HH gets it close then I will embark on the mission of making it better because that is part of the hobby. Horizon has always treated me fair and I have no reason to believe they won't give it their best shot this time as well.
Aug 04, 2017, 09:45 AM
I guess this forum would be better to discuss the issues than the other site. I was really stoked about grabbing one but im going to pass for now. BPINE, i totally agree with your decision to send it back. I made the mistake years ago buying a fastech nitro after watching a promo vid. When i received the boat it was nothing short of crap quality wise. After 2 months of the working the bugs out of it i got to enjoy it. I couldn't send it back because they announced that they were discontinued. But i enjoyed it so much after i got it working that i found another one here up BNIB. The difference between the 2 was night and day, as i didnt have to do a thing except fuel up and go. Still have them and the one still runs very well with no issues after all these years. At least you have the option of sending it back and i hope Horizon can make good of your boat purchase by fixing it properly.
Sep 12, 2017, 04:11 PM
Well, I was going to purchase this boat, but after reading these posts, I thought better. You guys have any suggestions on an RTR gas cat that I can purchase that won't have these problems? Thanks
Sep 12, 2017, 04:16 PM
I do but it isn't cheap, my first choice would be insane boat or Bonzi. I am building an Insane soon, I built an Assault Mono but think I really want a Cat so I will be building a 3rd gen Insane very soon.
Sep 12, 2017, 04:44 PM
BPINE, are your refering to the 3 rd gen sport hydro from Insane Boats ?
Sep 12, 2017, 05:31 PM
Quote:
BPINE, are your refering to the 3 rd gen sport hydro from Insane Boats ?
No the 3rd gen Cat. I am not sure if we can put links to products on this site.
Sep 12, 2017, 05:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPINE
No the 3rd gen Cat. I am not sure if we can put links to products on this site.
you can post a pic of the hull.
Sep 13, 2017, 03:56 PM
Here you go.
Sep 13, 2017, 09:50 PM
very very nice.
Sep 14, 2017, 02:07 PM
We are back and will build RTR's as well. Need to talk some to find out what you want out of your boat. http://expresscraft.com/index.html Here is our 50" thunderbolt that is a very popular boat.
Mar 12, 2018, 08:33 PM
Have the problems been fixed?
Mar 12, 2018, 09:09 PM
I don't think HH thinks there is a problem. I would steer clear of this one. I built a full on Race boat for about the same money and am having a blast and winning races. I didn't expect the Zelos to be a race boat but it was very disappointing and not very much fun.

Quick Reply