Pro Boat Zelos G 48-inch Catamaran - RC Groups

Pro Boat Zelos G 48-inch Catamaran

Pro Boat is killing it this season with many awesome new boats hitting the market and that continues with the release of the Zelos 48 G, a gas powered variant on the popular catamaran design.

Splash

Pro Boat Releases a Gas Powered Zelos 48

Pro Boat is killing it this season with many awesome new boats hitting the market and that continues with the release of the Zelos 48 G, a gas powered variant on the popular catamaran design. It's a RTR (Ready to Run) model that comes with a Spektrum DX2E transmitter, Spektrum MR4000 4-channel marine receiver, a Dynamite 3200mAH receiver battery, a Dynamite Zenoah 30cc gas engine, a Spektrum rudder steering servo and a boat stand.

This thing is ready to rock and that color scheme really pops. With the Zenoah gas engine you'll be hitting speeds over 50MPH on the water. This engine has an EZ Start system making it easier to get up and running so you can play instead of pulling on the start cord all day. The Cat style hull is wide for stability and features a triple layer of fiberglass and finished off with shiny gel coat. The fiberglass canopy has easy on/off thumb screw fasteners to make life easy.

The Zelos G comes with an adjustable alloy anodized propeller strut so you can run it in salt water and tune it to the conditions of the day. The rudder is also anodized aluminum and features a breakaway design that protects the rudder should you drive over any hard objects in the water. The rudder is connected to a large 1/6th scale S904HV Spektrum servo for precise solid control authority. Naturally the engine needs some cooling so there is a water pickup on the bottom of the hull and rudder to flow fresh water through the system and help to keep the engine within normal operating temps. There's just so many things to like about this boat.

Specs

• Assembly Time: Less than an hour
  • Beam: 16.5 in (419.1mm)
  • Boat Type: Gas Powered Catamaran
  • Completion Level: Ready-To-Run
  • Drive System: Flex Shaft
  • Engine Size: Dynamite® Zenoah 30cc Engine
  • Hull Material: Fiberglass
  • Length: 48.5 in (1231.9mm)
  • Propeller Size: 2.6X1.8
  • Radio: DX2E
  • Scale: 48 Inch
  • Speed: 50+
  • Steering: Rudder
  • Trim Scheme Colors: White, Red, Silver
  • Weight: 20.4 lb (9.2 kg)

May 12, 2017, 12:16 PM
Gorgeous boat. Now they just need a twin electric 48 with an awesome paint job like this one.
May 12, 2017, 03:55 PM
Pro Boat Zelos G 48-inch Catamaran Gas Powered RTR (2 min 6 sec)
May 13, 2017, 11:03 AM
Beautiful boat.

Interesting it's the same price as the Rockstar was when it came out. Or was it $1399? Can't remember.

Either way this boat looks like a beast. Can't wait to see some user reviews and drives!!
May 20, 2017, 08:23 PM
Im not a big fan of cats, but this model is growing on me. Love the paint scheme. Looks like a beast.
May 20, 2017, 09:04 PM
If you had a servo controlled elevator up front on a gyro when driving into the wind
for sure keep them on pace. I had one back in the day and blow overs was a pain.
Jul 12, 2017, 04:25 AM
This Zelos 48G is now available to buy in England, £923, by August it has risen to £978.99p
Last edited by VARSITY; Aug 27, 2017 at 02:59 AM. Reason: Price increase/
Jul 18, 2017, 09:29 PM
My brother just bought one , he loves it here in lies the problem. He comes to visit in mid August and I need a faster boat than his but I want to spend less money. Are there any ideas amongst this vast wealth of knowledge out there. Ground rules has to be a cat and has to be gas and must not exceed $750. Any input will be appreciated.
Jul 18, 2017, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1000
My brother just bought one , he loves it here in lies the problem. He comes to visit in mid August and I need a faster boat than his but I want to spend less money. Are there any ideas amongst this vast wealth of knowledge out there. Ground rules has to be a cat and has to be gas and must not exceed $750. Any input will be appreciated.
I would start a new thread on that, as that is a very tall order you got there
Aug 03, 2017, 02:17 PM

reviews

Anyone seen any reviews or videos. Curious about the speed and general performance. Wondering if the clutch problem got worked out.
Aug 03, 2017, 02:38 PM
It has more problems than the clutch imo. Mine is on its way back to HH for repairs, the cooling system doesn't work very good and it gets pretty hot, my top speed was 37 mph. I was hoping based on everything I have read on pro boats this would be a great rtr gas boat but so far for me this one isn't working out so great.
I am hopeful that the guys at HH will get this all sorted out because it is a great looking boat and if it works as it does in the promo video I am going to be a happy camper. Propably going to be a few more weeks untill I get mine back but I will report back on how it works when I get it.
Aug 03, 2017, 04:16 PM
there should be 2 seperate water cooling hoses set up so 1 goes to cylinder head only and the other goes to manifold / pipe only , so 2 inlets and 2 outlets. also remember this zenoah is the stock 4 port design and if you want more speed you need to fit the upgraded modified cylinder .
Aug 03, 2017, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshooter
there should be 2 seperate water cooling hoses set up so 1 goes to cylinder head only and the other goes to manifold / pipe only , so 2 inlets and 2 outlets. also remember this zenoah is the stock 4 port design and if you want more speed you need to fit the upgraded modified cylinder .
Yep has 2 niether work very good. Should go 50+ just like is says on the box to start with.
Last edited by BPINE; Aug 04, 2017 at 08:26 AM.
Aug 03, 2017, 08:04 PM
can you blow through the water inlets easy ? also can you see a good stream of water exiting the outlets ?
Aug 03, 2017, 08:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crapshooter
can you blow through the water inlets easy ? also can you see a good stream of water exiting the outlets ?
Yes you can blow through them no problem and hardly any water comes out the outlets.

I ran it on the bench with a small rc fuel pump feeding water to it and it shot a 5 in stream out the side and ran cool. I am a pretty experienced boater and know how important it is to check those water inputs.