Oct 19, 2004, 08:49 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Dumas 35" Waco ARE for IPS Power

With the RCHTA show behind us, it's now official that Dumas will be kitting the Waco ARE. Also in the dedicated R/C series will be the 40" L-19 Bird Dog and the 40" Pilatus Porter, which I plan to finish today and test fly this week. Also in the works are 2 more monoplanes and a biplane. Keep an eye out, I'll be running threads on each one when building gets underway.
PAT
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2004, 09:10 AM
I think what little that is in my bank account is soon going to be drained. LOL

Its good to see Dumas releasing some new kits, Pat are you able to tell us what the other planes are going to be yet?

thanks

Colin
Oct 19, 2004, 09:29 AM
Thread OP
Colin, The plan at this point is to work up the Waco YMF-5, Cessna Agwagon, and the Cessna 120/140. Developement on the Waco is underway now, and the preliminary work on the other two is already done, so as the workload allows, the next design will plug in to fill the space.
In the world of shake and bake toy airplanes, I'm really happy to see that the guys at Dumas are still working to keep us happy and provide some really cool subject matter for the modelers out there who still love to build.
PAT
Oct 19, 2004, 10:18 AM
Baboon McGoon
Wunderbar!!! I love the old WACO biplanes and especially this one! Will be a very fun build. Will probably put a CD/ROM motor in mine.
Oct 19, 2004, 12:19 PM
mkb
mkb
E-lated
Pat,

Looking forward to the Dumas WACO YMF-5, and similar to ClipperBill, will use either a CD-ROM or BL IPS sized motor. While my "shake and bake" toys are fun to fly, it'll be great to add a nice looking balsa build to the fleet. Please keep us posted on progress.

Michael
Oct 19, 2004, 12:39 PM
Neophyte hacker
Official congratulations, Pat.

The other nice thing about the Dumas kits is that they go together well. If built out of the box, they are almost as simple as you can get. Evertyhing fits really well and they come out light despite my best efforts to make them heavy. With design wingloadings in the 5 oz/ft2 range, a couple extra ounces don't hurt their flying quality any.

For small park flying you can't beat the existing Dumas stuff for being stable fliers and easy to convert. This new line will get the size up for those of us with bad eyes and allow a bit of hacking for more 'performance' (like ailerons/flaps).

charlie
Oct 19, 2004, 12:45 PM
Thread OP
Glag to hear the new Waco will be so well recieved. It's definately one of those models that's well known, but rarely modeled. Will definately run threads on progress. Also, MPI is working on a series of brushless motors as a direct cross over for the IPS drives. Should be a welcome addition for the IPS guys who prefer brushless.
And, FWIW, the Guys at Testers are working on a new Acryl paint that will remain flexible and stick to Litefilm. Can't wait for that one, it's long over due.
PAT
Oct 19, 2004, 01:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
Glag to hear the new Waco will be so well recieved. It's definately one of those models that's well known, but rarely modeled. Will definately run threads on progress. Also, MPI is working on a series of brushless motors as a direct cross over for the IPS drives. Should be a welcome addition for the IPS guys who prefer brushless.
And, FWIW, the Guys at Testers are working on a new Acryl paint that will remain flexible and stick to Litefilm. Can't wait for that one, it's long over due.
PAT
The news just keeps getting better! Paint for Solite, wooohoooo!

-Mike
Oct 19, 2004, 02:10 PM
confused poet
THis is good news, I too love doing these conversions. I am currently working on the Dumas Larid Super solution. Sorry I don't have a digital camera or a scanner or i'd post pics of it. I am however looking forward to building a dumas model where I don't have to engineer all of the radio and control equipment. Any idea on a release date?
Regards,
Henry
Oct 19, 2004, 03:59 PM
Pat

Let us know when that paint comes out.

Thanks

Colin
Oct 19, 2004, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Tritle
Colin, The plan at this point is to work up the Waco YMF-5, Cessna Agwagon, and the Cessna 120/140. Developement on the Waco is underway now, and the preliminary work on the other two is already done, so as the workload allows, the next design will plug in to fill the space.
In the world of shake and bake toy airplanes, I'm really happy to see that the guys at Dumas are still working to keep us happy and provide some really cool subject matter for the modelers out there who still love to build.
PAT

I have been waiting for someone to release a Waco YMF-5. I will be forsure buying one. What would also be cool is if Dumas blew up the Walnut P-6E Hawk to about 36 inch size. The same size as there sparrowhawk and helldiver. I have coverted the walnut one and would like a bigger one now.

Colin
Oct 19, 2004, 05:23 PM

Dumas kits

very nice Pat!!

glad to hear Dumas is listening!! looking forward to seeing the C-140 too... my two cents worth.. I built the T-34 for electric FF.. it would make a NICE spd 400 build at 36"..

Jeff
Oct 19, 2004, 06:29 PM
Fly it like you stole it..
Ohh that rocks.
Oct 19, 2004, 09:13 PM
Love them P-40's!
I was able to have a look at the WACO (at least I'm pretty sure it is the same model) at the IHobbyExpo in Chicago over the weekend. Nice sized plane. Looked very good. The guy behind the booth was busy at the time I was there, so I did not get to ask any questions about it. Since it is IPS sized it is on the list now.
Last edited by P-40; Oct 19, 2004 at 09:15 PM.
Oct 20, 2004, 11:19 PM
Things just keep getting better and better. Can't wait for the C-140. I do wish that Dumas would do a scale C-150 or a Piper Cherokee 140. These are part of the GA
foundation as well and would sell like hot cakes.

Scott

Quick Reply