Oct 22, 2004, 06:10 AM
Neophyte hacker
They will be laser cut (as are all their kits). Just not the interlocking tab and slot kind of stuff (they never have been). Formers and stringers, and, from the Bird Dog I have seen, laminated tail forms. You will need to pin things down. Fuse's are box structures with formers where needed to hold the stringers.

This is not a departure from their past kits (except for the laminated stuff, which I like) so if you like their current stuff, you'll love these.

If you aren't sure about this kind of stuff, look up some of the Dumas build threads in here to see what one looks like during construction (or the Bird Dog, Porter, and WACO threads Pat did).

charlie
to remove ads between posts
Oct 22, 2004, 06:17 AM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by portablevcb
They will be laser cut (as are all their kits). Just not the interlocking tab and slot kind of stuff (they never have been). Formers and stringers, and, from the Bird Dog I have seen, laminated tail forms. You will need to pin things down. Fuse's are box structures with formers where needed to hold the stringers.

This is not a departure from their past kits (except for the laminated stuff, which I like) so if you like their current stuff, you'll love these.

If you aren't sure about this kind of stuff, look up some of the Dumas build threads in here to see what one looks like during construction (or the Bird Dog, Porter, and WACO threads Pat did).

charlie
Charlie,

Thanks for that insight! This will be no problem for me since I bought a Herr Engineering Mini-Sport all built less covering. I was creative in installing the servos and did so with 5mm X 5mm balsa stock to place the servos with the screws instead of double sticky tape. I finished the Mini-Sport without any instructions so, I don't think these light DUMAS will be a problem for me.

Thanks again!
Carlos
Oct 23, 2004, 01:02 AM
Sounds good Charlie. I have hundreds of pins. I have been building for 30 years now so It will not be a problem. I took a liking to the MM C-180
and the MM P-38 and I guess I got spoiled. I built Pats PA-18 about 4 years
ago and put a Norvel .61 on it. If that kits not stick and tissue, I don't know what is.

PS Guys, I talked to Dumas Today and they told me Jan. before the Bird Dog is out.

Regards,
Scott
Oct 23, 2004, 03:22 PM
Neophyte hacker
Scott,

If you built Pat's stuff before this will be nothing new for you. Am sorry the BD will not be out until Jan, but, by then I will have mine finished with the flaps and aileron hack (and sp280, not IPS).

Carlos, you are already on the right track. If you have hacked any kit before the Dumas stuff is simple. Heck, I have only been building R/C for a year (built C/L when a kid) and I have no trouble at all with them.

charlie
Oct 24, 2004, 02:43 AM
The new Dumas kits will be perfect for the lens rc motors. I have 4 of the just dying to be pulled from a airframe and slid into a dumas model. Can't wait. I am also dying
for the Wacos.

Scott

Quick Reply