Oct 19, 2004, 08:41 AM
Discussion

Dumas 40" Bird Dog for IPS Power

Now that the RCHTA show is behind us, I'm happy to say officially, that the L-19 Bird Dog will be kitted by by Dumas, along with the 35" Waco ARE, and the Pilatus Porter which I plan to finish today and test fly this week. Also in the works for the series are 3 new designs, 2 monoplanes and a biplane. Keep your eyes open, I'll be running threads when they get underway.
PAT
to remove ads between posts
Oct 19, 2004, 02:08 PM
Darned Dumas! Three more I'll have to add to my pile!

When should we expect to see them in stores?

This is great news Pat!
Oct 19, 2004, 02:59 PM
Certified cat herder
I emaile dumas a while back about the plan supplement for the Do 335. I saw the building thread a few months back, and I was wondering when the plan supplement will become available? I am itching to build that one.... Now If I could just find a BV-141 kit...
--C. Alan
Oct 19, 2004, 05:25 PM
lol I see Dumas reads our minds afterall!!! looks great Pat!!!
Oct 19, 2004, 05:40 PM
Lagopus lagopus
Nice airplane. Dumas make good rubber powered balsa airplanes. Makes me want to do it now.
Oct 20, 2004, 09:10 AM
Account closed
Does anyone know when????

I would love to get my hands on one!

Carlos
Oct 20, 2004, 11:11 PM
I heard sometime in late November.

Scott
Oct 21, 2004, 02:51 AM
Fly it like you stole it..
Niiice... again..
Oct 21, 2004, 10:39 AM
Account closed
I have visited the DUMAS WEB Site and didn't see any up-coming model that even comes close to the Bird Dog!

However, I was pretty impressed with the DARE Web Site and it had several large and super light models that I am thinking of ordering!

Carlos
Oct 21, 2004, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by guapoman2000
I have visited the DUMAS WEB Site and didn't see any up-coming model that even comes close to the Bird Dog!

However, I was pretty impressed with the DARE Web Site and it had several large and super light models that I am thinking of ordering!

Carlos
Good luck with DARE kits. They require a lot of effort to build as they aren't plug and play kits. Meaning, there are a lot of sticks...
Oct 21, 2004, 10:56 AM
Account closed
Quote:
Originally Posted by KSU Flyer
Good luck with DARE kits. They require a lot of effort to build as they aren't plug and play kits. Meaning, there are a lot of sticks...
You mean they are not interlocking design?

Geesh, they are very light though?

I was looking at some 48 inch and 60 inch wing span wonders in there and they seem to be great flyers at 8 oz./sq-in wing loading?

Carlos
Oct 21, 2004, 11:19 AM
This was my experience building the Dare kit I purchased some time ago...

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...light=Dare+B25
Oct 21, 2004, 11:28 AM
IWC
IWC
interlocking designs are the way to go.
Oct 21, 2004, 04:20 PM
The Dare kits (at least Pat's designs) and Dumas kits are typical stick and former stuff. The Bird Dog is similar. Remember that Pat designs VERY light stuff and keeps to his FF roots. Dare does not include instructions, but, Dumas does.

Definitely not interlocking type stuff. If you want a taste of the type you can get any of the Dumas kits as they all seem to build the same way. Interlocking stuff is nice, but, they build a bit heavier.

I have seen a lot of Pat's planes fly and they are all very gentle fliers.

I may be a bit biased, but, I love the way they (Dumas and Dare) build

charlie
Oct 21, 2004, 10:08 PM
Will we have to build forms to laminate pieces for any of the structures,
or will the dumas kit be mostly lazer cut formers and stringers?
Are you saying the Dumas kits will not be lazer cut interlocking parts?

Scott
Last edited by sj3cub; Oct 21, 2004 at 10:11 PM.