Solid Drone SolidX4 Hits the Market - RC Groups

Solid Drone SolidX4 Hits the Market

Solid Drone is a newcomer to the drone scene and their first product is out, the SolidX4. There isn't a ton of information available like which flight controller software and hardware is used, or really any detailed specifications at all, but we still thought it was worth mentioning and seeing what your opinions were on this new drone.

Splash

Rugged Drone for Commercial Operations

Solid Drone is a newcomer to the drone scene and their first product is out, the SolidX4. There isn't a ton of information available like which flight controller software and hardware is used, or really any detailed specifications at all, but we still thought it was worth mentioning and seeing what your opinions were on this new drone.

Here's what we do know about the SolidX4. It has bottom facing motors with folding props, motor arms that fold down for travel and they say it flys for 37 minutes. They have a quick swap camera mount on the top and bottom so you can run several different gimbals on the top or bottom of the machine depending on the requirements of the user. They also say that it is rain and mud proof allowing it to fly in harsher condition than other drones. The site also mentions an X8 version as well as a flying wing for future products. We're interested in learning more as new info is released. For now, tell us what you think about the SolidX4 so far in the comments below.

Check out the SolidX4 Drone here

Soliddrone x4 trailer (1 min 22 sec)

May 10, 2017, 10:31 AM
RP-sUAS
Pretty clearly running DJI architecture. Photos show M600 gimbal mount plate, which means either A3 or N3 flight control and a Lightbridge 2 video/control downlink. KDE propulsion system showing as well.

All this means is I don't even need to see the price to know I could build it myself much cheaper.
May 11, 2017, 07:24 AM
hmm....non retractable landing skids...that will make every serious film maker pass on this...
I wonder where the GPS is? and how it performs since it's covered...
May 11, 2017, 07:31 AM
RP-sUAS
GPS is probably located in that "arch", which looks to be printed plastic, so no more limiting then the plastic puck cases GPS modules and antennas are placed in anyway.
May 11, 2017, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin
GPS is probably located in that "arch", which looks to be printed plastic, so no more limiting then the plastic puck cases GPS modules and antennas are placed in anyway.
That's what I figured too, but then I saw that you can "top mount" a camera in there, again blocking the signal...
May 11, 2017, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloJustin
Pretty clearly running DJI architecture. Photos show M600 gimbal mount plate, which means either A3 or N3 flight control and a Lightbridge 2 video/control downlink. KDE propulsion system showing as well.

All this means is I don't even need to see the price to know I could build it myself much cheaper.
Yeah, I don't know what this offers that I couldn't do myself..