Jun 19, 2018, 05:17 AM
VHO
VHO
glider misguider
Hi Alex,

Any trim changes needed when LEF's switched in?

Hutton
to remove ads between posts
Jun 19, 2018, 05:38 AM
Hutton,

Not really. I just switch them with thermal setting. I mailed René that a bit less lef should be better . It looks to much to me
He told me the flight in the movie is really the first flight. He made some adjustments (CG was also to far behind) and the plane behaves better now.
Jul 10, 2018, 03:13 PM
Some pictures of F5J Kulmbach (Germany).

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...5485929&type=3

René Pedersman flying his El Niño especial into the fly-off. Sadly in the fly-off he went so high in a strong thermal that he lost sight of the plane only to find it back after a long search totally destroyed. Convinced of the strong performance he ordered directly a new one.

To Hutton,

Post services found yours and tried to deliver it today (july 10). It wil be in the local post office until July 24.
Jul 10, 2018, 10:13 PM
Last edited by jrs_123; Jul 10, 2018 at 10:18 PM.
Jul 16, 2018, 01:50 AM
A nice video von Kulmbach F5J . Starts and ends with the El Niño Especial (LEF).
Kulmbach (12 min 16 sec)
Aug 24, 2018, 04:17 PM
Nieuw video from René Petersmann from his second El Niño Especial.
EL Ñino ES (4 min 5 sec)
Sep 20, 2018, 09:49 AM

Wanted

After a mishap last weekend I need an el Nino wing joiner. Anyone know where I can get one?
Thanks - Jim
Sep 20, 2018, 09:58 AM
Bro
Bro

El Nino Joiner

Jim,

I'll get you one soon...
Alex is on holiday till next week.

Bro
Latest blog entry: 2015
Sep 20, 2018, 10:04 AM
Excellent - thanks Bob..
Jim
Sep 13, 2019, 07:41 AM
any more experience whit the el nino Especial

i have intrest for this model

thanks
Sep 14, 2019, 11:20 PM
VHO
VHO
glider misguider
Quote:
Originally Posted by marco.m
any more experience whit the el nino Especial

i have intrest for this model

thanks
Hi Marco,
I like the way it flies. It can fly as well as a standard El Nino, but the LE flaps do allow it to slow down more than just Thermal Flap alone. It is possible to put in a lot of deflection on both LE and TE flaps and the aircraft is stable throughout and there is no need for elevator compensation.
In short it does increase the speed range compared to a normal El Nino, and has no vices.
There are times I think its better. There have been no times when I think its worse than a normal El Nino.
All subjective stuff really. I have no independent objective measures to compare.

It is a right PITA to build though. You might want to ask Alex if he can fix the LEF connections up for you. There is no report of how to do it with pictures that I know of. I have built 2 centre panels now and although it gets easier, it does need to be built in the right order.

Hutton

Quick Reply