Guidance on beginner rc foam planes to develop - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
May 13, 2017, 11:05 PM
Hot glue held together by foam
Quote:
Originally Posted by aruneshdutta
I wanted to know while the foam is glued is there any type of table scale or any board to measure dimensions ?
In post #10 ( above ) I explained how to print the plans ( pdf file ) , to make a poster sized set of plans from which you make the templates . Then the templates will give you the correct dimensions/proportions for the parts to trace onto the foam sheets . Also in post #10 are photos showing what the templates and foam pieces should look like . Let me know if you need more detailed help .
to remove ads between posts
May 14, 2017, 02:01 AM
When you open the plans (pdf file) on Adobe Reader , it should look like this on your computer screen ( photo below ) :
May 14, 2017, 02:13 AM
Thanks I had taken the print and attached them(just with removable tapes) actually I wanted to know as they'll act as template but for some smooth referencing if I need to mark or check any dimension I wanted to know any board with scale or any fixed scale that can be used?
Quote:
Originally Posted by balsa or carbon
When you open the plans (pdf file) on Adobe Reader , it should look like this on your computer screen ( photo below ) :
Last edited by aruneshdutta; May 14, 2017 at 05:07 AM.
May 14, 2017, 05:11 AM
Thanks,took the print and attached them(just with removable tapes) wanted to know as they'll act as template but for some smooth referencing if I need to mark or check any dimension I wanted to know any board with scale or any fixed scale that can be used?

Quote:
May 14, 2017, 02:07 PM
Quote:
Thanks,took the print and attached them(just with removable tapes) wanted to know as they'll act as template but for some smooth referencing if I need to mark or check any dimension I wanted to know any board with scale or any fixed scale that can be used?
Do you mean a cutting mat like this one ?
May 14, 2017, 03:21 PM
Here is what two tiles ( of front and middle of vertical fuselage pieces ) look like on Adobe Reader :
May 15, 2017, 08:28 PM
Thanks a lot yes I was looking for something like the cutting mat,yes the tile images look like this got them printed.Will get back if I stumble anywhere

Quote:
Here is what two tiles ( of front and middle of vertical fuselage pieces ) look like on Adobe Reader :
May 15, 2017, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Thanks a lot yes I was looking for something like the cutting mat,yes the tile images look like this got them printed.Will get back if I stumble anywhere
Cool !

When you get the electronics , don't connect anything unless you are 100% sure it's being done correctly . It would be a shame to burn something up before you ever get to fly your plane !
May 16, 2017, 01:49 AM
Thanks will surely take care..thanks once again

Quote:
Cool !

When you get the electronics , don't connect anything unless you are 100% sure it's being done correctly . It would be a shame to burn something up before you ever get to fly your plane !