This thread is privately moderated by mudman1959, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 09, 2017, 06:12 PM
Live to fly... Fly to live
Thread OP
Build Log

PT-17 Stearman "Kaydet"

I have been following 3D LabPrint for awhile now... https://3dlabprint.com/ and when they came out with the Stearman I knew I needed one. I have a Dollar Tree Foamboard one but it came out rather portly. It flies good but it really needs more power. All of the electronics in it will go into the 3D printed one. One of my Co-workers at work just recently got into 3D printing and decided to print this plane. This one is going to be a Static display only. The next one will be mine and printed in the Blue and Yellow colors and fully flyable. So far I have most of the fuselage glued together but waiting on additional parts to be printed. I like the layout and the internal supports which makes for a sturdy construction while keeping the weight down. So far it weighs next to nothing. I do think the thickness should be a bit more maybe. The Detail is fantastic! More to come...

Mudman1959
to remove ads between posts
May 20, 2017, 09:50 AM
This is mine. Went to the field to maiden it today but it was far to windy so had a fly of my 3D Labprint Spitfire which loves windy days on 6
May 25, 2017, 07:55 AM
Live to fly... Fly to live
Thread OP
dwl111... Any problems with the glue joints back towards the tail fuselage area? Seems to me there is not enough surface area to make a good secure glue joint. This one is going to be a display model for a friend. Eventually he is going to print one for me the same colors as yours but I need to buy the PLA for it first. Yours looks real good! Let me know how it flies and holds up... Lee (Mudman1959)

Quick Reply