RIVER Mobile Power Station for Drones - RC Groups

RIVER Mobile Power Station for Drones

RIVER has enough juice to charge up to 11 devices at once. It can charge your drone battery 6-8 times. This is pretty much the ultimate power source in the field.

Splash

Ultra-Capacity Portable Power Generator to Recharge Your Drone

Charging your drone flight batteries on the go can be a hassle. I had my car's alternator modified to put out 70A at idle with a rear connection port, but I don't always have my car with me when I need to charge. Charging a drone battery out in the field is nearly impossible unless you take a loud heavy generator with you and nobody wants to do that. The RIVER Mobile Power Station is a new product that looks amazing and should provide all the power you need in a handy portable device.

RIVER has enough juice to charge up to 11 devices at once. It can charge your drone battery 6-8 times, you can charge your phones, laptops, power lights and more. It has 2 AC outlets, 2 USB C ports, 2 DC out ports, 4 Fast-Charge Outputs (2 Type-C, 2 USB QC 2.0), and a 12V car port. The internal battery is 116,000mAH and can put out 500W of total power. The case is water resistant, it will operate in a wide range of temperatures and the unit features a surge protector. This is pretty much the ultimate power source in the field. The best part is that it is super compact and weighs just 11lbs so you can take it anywhere. The RIVER Power Station is listed for $499 and will be available in July.

Check out the RIVER Mobile Power Station for Drones here.

May 09, 2017, 12:33 PM
Park Stormer
It seems a tad misleading to call this a power "generator", as it's not generating power so much as it's a giant battery.

Still, I suppose it's cheaper than buying 116,000 MAH worth of spare drone batteries. Also less hassle than running a car battery or two and a dedicated hobby grade charger and/or AC inverter, which is what one would need to match it's outputs.

Still, I think I'll stick with my hobby charger, and the 400W power outlet in the back of my truck
May 09, 2017, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggressorBLUE
It seems a tad misleading to call this a power "generator", as it's not generating power so much as it's a giant battery.

Still, I suppose it's cheaper than buying 116,000 MAH worth of spare drone batteries. Also less hassle than running a car battery or two and a dedicated hobby grade charger and/or AC inverter, which is what one would need to match it's outputs.

Still, I think I'll stick with my hobby charger, and the 400W power outlet in the back of my truck
I'm with you...basically doing the exact same thing you're doing currently. That "generator" would be more convenient, but not worth the price even if the price was half list price. Just my opinion...
May 10, 2017, 02:47 AM
you can get the about the same maybe more power out of a good deep cycle marine battery.
and use your dc powered battery charger to charge your batteries.
May 10, 2017, 06:39 AM
RCG Admin
Those are super heavy though and not very portable.
May 10, 2017, 10:31 AM
I like this a lot. I do wish the price were better. Maybe it will come down over time. I did the big marine battery thing. What a pain. Big, heavy, had to charge it all the time.
May 10, 2017, 02:24 PM
I can add this too

my mavic 12 v system wont run off a car battery that isn't being idled at ~14 v

the resting 12 drops to ?? and the dc charger for a set of mavic batteries will not come on until the key is started, so if this one above has a way to power 6 amp mavic chargers without the resulting immediate load drop then I may like

im using a stand alone car battery in my floor board for this assessment. phantom 3 batteries will charge all day off it, cuz the 12v charger for them isn't pulling 6 amps I guess. my stand alone battery w charge all but mavic stuff.

I use my idling car to charge up other stuff I have been wanting to find a battery that can handle mavic charging without having to be idling at a constant 14 v
May 11, 2017, 03:48 PM
DFS#000178
$500.00?

Wow, they must be REALLY proud of it..
May 12, 2017, 11:27 AM
Whoa - hang on a minute guys. It may have a capacity of 116 Ah, but that must be at only 3.5V or so because according to the spec. here:

http://ecoflowtech.com/

... it only holds 412 Wh. Compared to over 1200 Wh for a 12V 100 Ah battery.

That might explain why it's so light and portable. At its peak 500W output it would be flat in under 50 minutes.
May 17, 2017, 01:37 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Glover
Whoa - hang on a minute guys. It may have a capacity of 116 Ah, but that must be at only 3.5V or so because according to the spec. here:

http://ecoflowtech.com/

... it only holds 412 Wh. Compared to over 1200 Wh for a 12V 100 Ah battery.

That might explain why it's so light and portable. At its peak 500W output it would be flat in under 50 minutes.
Well that would explain it.
Price is right losing horn (0 min 6 sec)

I use this battery and charger for my smaller 2s-4s packs.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multista...lipo-pack.html
https://www.graupnerusa.com/Polaron-...h-TFT-Red.html
Last edited by Deserteagle; May 17, 2017 at 02:23 AM.
May 20, 2017, 08:07 AM
$500 for this, and you can wait until July for the privilege of being ripped off, or

A quick google search later, you could have this for $390
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M260BAN?psc=1

Ever easier, just get one of the many sub $500 (gas) inverter generators available, and have more portable power then you could ever need.
Aug 03, 2017, 08:30 PM
RCG Admin
I've got one ordered and will be here next week. I'll post up another article with my thoughts after some time and testing with this power station. I am excited for sure.
Aug 04, 2017, 09:12 AM
DumbThumbsFPV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
I've got one ordered and will be here next week. I'll post up another article with my thoughts after some time and testing with this power station. I am excited for sure.
looking forward to it.