The "How To" Contest - Enter to Win $250 Horizon Gift Certificate!

We have another contest lined up! We want you to share your best "How To" in a thread on RCGroups for a chance to win some RC cash!

Splash

Create a "How To" Thread for a Chance to Win!

We all start out in this hobby with no information. As we start flying and purchasing RC models we all learn a thing or two along the way.

In this contest we want you to create a "How To" thread that shares your favorite tip for other modelers. Your thread can be text based but feel free to add photos or even a video. The winner will receive a $250 gift certificate from Horizon Hobby!

Contest Details

• The contest will start May 10th.
  • To enter provide a link in this thread to your "How To" thread.
  • The "How To" thread must be you own and created after the contest start date. (No old "How To" threads allowed.)
  • The contest will run until June the 9th.
  • The thread with the most views by the contest end date will be the winner!

Good luck and we look forward to seeing all your awesome threads!!

This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
May 12, 2017, 12:17 PM
TigreJohn
In making fiberglass parts for myself and others, found that a reliably reusable plug can be made from styrofoam covered with two layers of Saran wrap.
May 12, 2017, 12:31 PM
Heres mine! not sure if this counts as its an video in a thread!

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...1#post37507157
May 12, 2017, 12:48 PM

Removable Paint Color Schemes

If you want a color scheme change but are not sure you want to make it permanent you can take advantage of the paint and peel paints available from Dupli-Color, Rust-Oleum, etc. With a lot of colors to choose from you can customize your paint scheme and if you don't like the finished product you can just peel it off and start over. They also carry tail light tint that works good for the inside of canopies.
May 12, 2017, 12:58 PM
aren't we supposed to have a link to the thread? not how to do it in this thread? Am I missing something?
May 12, 2017, 01:07 PM
Administrator
You need to create your "How-to" thread and then post a link to it here.
May 12, 2017, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim T. Graham
You need to create your "How-to" thread and then post a link to it here.
thanks for confirming!
May 12, 2017, 02:56 PM
RAH

Hill's Blog

I decided to start a blog. Here is the link to my new thread.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...89-Hill-s-Blog
May 12, 2017, 03:17 PM
Is there a way to see how many views a thread has so far? Like to see how your How-To is doing compared to others?
May 12, 2017, 03:27 PM
Administrator
You can always see that. Here is a screen shot:
May 12, 2017, 04:08 PM
Where o where has my America g

No more packed mud or dirt in your R/C off road tires (This is Not plastic inserts)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post37510802
Last edited by stsguy; May 12, 2017 at 10:44 PM.
May 12, 2017, 04:51 PM

Use FREE junk mail to build airplanes

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...s#post37510821This one is simple
You know the credit card you get in the mail trying to sell you on a 534% rate? What a deal right? I dont get mad at 'em anymore I love to get them... I rip 'em open rob the card and use it to spread jb weld putty's fillers etc...
Heck I have a stack of them
Last edited by stsguy; May 12, 2017 at 10:46 PM.
May 12, 2017, 05:04 PM

Never buy a cover iron sock again! ( NOT SEWING ONE)

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...#post37510829I have grand-kids and I love them to visit, But I love them even more when I hear my wife say
"Man! The sock monster ate another sock!"
There is always a sock coming up missing in our house and if there is no match I get happy happy
Because I use the single small child sock for my Covering Iron And they work great!

Just remember to buy the kiddos 100 percent cotton socks for xmas. I even tried to tell my daughter polyester socks cause pigeon toe feet. Well she didn't fall for it... But the poly socks will still work fine on low temp covering.

I haven't bought a iron sock in years. But soon we will need a larger iron or more grand babies soon cause the socks keep getting larger Hope you can use it
Joe
P.S. 3 pairs of small kiddo socks or a buck or 2 at the dollar store that means pennies a sock if you have no in house kids
Last edited by stsguy; May 12, 2017 at 10:48 PM.
May 12, 2017, 05:18 PM
Administrator
Just to be clear. You have to create a new thread for your how-to and link to it in this thread to be entered.