Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales

Folding Propeller Adapter Assembly 5/38mm with Blade Stopper

This unit was designed just for these types of pusher prop application and it fits 5mm motor shafts and has a 5/8mm (M8) prop shaft adapter with a 38/8mm alloy yoke.

Splash

Stop Those Blades from Crossing

Folding pusher props like you see on many UAV and FPV planes are great for when you want to soar with no power. The propeller blades will fold back reducing drag and allow the plane to glide through the air more efficiently. Most folding props are used in the front of a plane in a tractor configuration and the prop blades rest against the fuselage when folded back and allow for easy restarts. In the pusher configuration, there is no fuselage to stop the blades and they can fold back all the way to a point where they can cross and get tangled up in each other. That is bad news as when you go to start the motor back up, the blades are stuck and now you are forced to land. There is an easy way to prevent this from happening though with this prop adaptor that features a blade stopper.

This unit was designed just for these types of pusher prop applications and it fits 5mm motor shafts and has a 5/8mm (M8) prop shaft adapter with a 38/8mm alloy yoke. The blade stopper is fiberglass and it rests on the aluminum yoke for strength and will prevent the prop blades from over rotating.

Check out the Folding Propeller Adapter Assembly 5/38mm with Blade Stopper here

May 08, 2017, 09:37 AM
RCG Staff
Ahead of your time... : )
May 08, 2017, 12:07 PM
In the heading photo, what is the plane?
May 08, 2017, 12:09 PM
I just wanna fly, fly, fly
During a recent interview on the QuadTalk podcast, Tim Nilson from GetFPV mentioned inventing and selling something like this many years ago as well.

I simply have to get a pusher prop plane first, before I can try out the concept.
May 08, 2017, 12:25 PM
RCG Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabiggerstaff
In the heading photo, what is the plane?
I think it's an Aeronaut Aero-Master.
May 08, 2017, 02:04 PM
thanks, I'll have a look.
May 08, 2017, 06:53 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
I literally JUST finished this wing last night...

Now to find an 8"/9" folding prop so I can use that.

Jason Cole -- Since this is my first flying wing (and probably will sport some FPV equipment), what prop would you recommend that I use to have a successful first flight? 4s pack (can do 6), 45a esc and 1000kv motor.
Last edited by Sabin; May 08, 2017 at 07:00 PM.
May 08, 2017, 09:30 PM
RCG Staff
Do you have a link to that motor?
May 08, 2017, 11:51 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Motor in question:

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...1253f157e8.jpg

It's a medusa research afterburner V1
May 09, 2017, 07:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabiggerstaff
thanks, I'll have a look.
Discontinued some time ago, I think.
May 09, 2017, 10:37 AM
RCG Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabin
Motor in question:

https://thumbs.worthpoint.com/zoom/i...1253f157e8.jpg

It's a medusa research afterburner V1
Not a lot of info on that one, but my best guess would an 8-10" diameter prop. I don't have ecalc anymore and I couldn't find any recommendations anywhere so I'd start with an 8x6 and do an amp test to see what it is pulling and go from there.
May 10, 2017, 06:20 AM
Also check out Mark's work on the Mini Talon
http://www.itsqv.com/QVM/index.php?t...e_Folding_Prop